Utah Introduction

H. M. Browning

forever young
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

After years (many many years) of lucking I finally bit the bullet and signed up for this forum. I figured I'd start by introducing myself. I feel like I'm not good at introductions so, here goes..

My name is Heidi Browning and I live just outside of Salt Lake City, Utah.
I am a published poet under my maiden name Heidi Walgren, avid reader and chronically blocked writer.
I have one story that I've been working on for over 10 years where although I have 10k+ words written, I still don't have my first chapter written. I stick to generally sci-fi or Fantasy for writing, and reading I enjoy clean romance, fantasy, history, sci-fi, historical variants of any of the genera mentioned and mysteries.

ADHD helps with my constant state of writers block as I jump from project to project and I've currently got 4 going. 2 actively and 2 inactively (although I must admit one of my inactives is linked to an active). Time will only tell if I finish these and publish them. I plan to. :roll:

My day job is as a technical support rep for a stock charting & technical analysis company which I have been with for 10.5 years.

My hobbies include using Photoshop to create forum signatures, reading (mentioned above), playing with my corgi, video gaming (veteran gamer of Star Wars Galaxies, Final Fantasy XI, World of Warcraft), now I stick to the mobile games I can play for 15 minutes and leave for hours.
I am a beta reader for Michael Weekly, and part of Amanda Carlson and Kristen Painter's review teams. I always give fair reviews regardless if the book was given to me or I purchased it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

E. Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Heidi. :banana: You've come to the right place, and am confident you can find the help and inspiration here to finish up your projects. Good luck.

Gidget1225

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Heidi. I hope that you can find the resources and support here that can help you finish your ten-year project, plus some others. It's a huge forum. Hopefully, I'll see you around.

H. M. Browning

forever young
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome Freya Yuki, E. Steve and Gidget1225!

I recently discovered Scrivner which is helping me write more. I have sever ADHD and don't write in a linear fashion so using traditional word editors makes writing difficult as I tend to jump around when I write. Scrivner allows me to write the scenes I want out of order and then when I get all my scenes I can put them in order and tie them together. I am hoping that I can conquer my long time project (it's actually closer to a 17 - 20 year project in total) and finish the book.

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Heidi. Historical writer here, but have tried my hand at fantasy in a short story. Good luck with getting unblocked. ;)