Good paid promotion sites that work?

Al X.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authoralexryan.com
Yes I've read the dweeb sticky, all standard stuff I've read a million times and I'm doing those things to the extent possible. But that isn't enough. For me anyway. I don't mind spending some marketing money because my books do sell (have sold, anyway) and I want to up the ante.

So the question is, if anyone is using paid marketing/promotion services, and they are actually working, care to share? My books are listed on the Zon but I'm slowly branching out via Draft2Digital.

Erato

Registered
Reaction score
Someone highly recommended to me Bargain Booksy and said they got thousands of sales through it. I put my book on and got maybe 2 sales (I'm not even 100% sure if that was the reason for those sales that day.) So... possibly depends on the genre?

I'm basically finished with paid promo at this point because nothing seems to break even to the cost, and I'm not one of those authors who is happy to pay someone to read my book. (My profit is my measure of success.)

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
Someone highly recommended to me Bargain Booksy and said they got thousands of sales through it. I put my book on and got maybe 2 sales (I'm not even 100% sure if that was the reason for those sales that day.) So... possibly depends on the genre?

This is a somewhat ancient thread, but...

Bargain Booksy was one of the worst promotion services I used, in terms of ROI, but that was a few years ago. For me: Bookbub >>> ENT >> Fussy Librarian, Free Kindle Books & Tips, and a couple of smaller places.

There are two conclusions I've drawn in about 5 years of marketing self-published books:

1. What works for one author and book rarely works for another.
  2. None of the paid promotion sites, even the good ones, are as effective as they were 4-5 years ago.

AuthorSamantha

Registered
Reaction score
Of the ones you mentioned, my experience was a little different. I released my book a couple weeks ago and Bargain Booksy gave me my best sales day, followed by Book Cave, Free Kindle Books & Tips and then Fussy Librarian. My ENT day isn't for a few more days, so I'm hoping it tops all of them.

I had heard so many good things about Fussy Librarian and was really underwhelmed. Maybe it was a bad day for it.

cool pop

It's Cool, Miss Pop if You're Nasty
Registered
Reaction score
BOOKBUB. BOOKBUB. BOOKBUB. Hands down it is the ultimate king of promo sites. You get them to accept your book you don't need anyone else. None of these other sites come close. ENT used to be good but hearing nothing but negative things about them lately.

And, I just realized how old this thread was. Oh well. Maybe the info can help someone new.

Last edited:

mlred

Registered
Reaction score
BOOKBUB. BOOKBUB. BOOKBUB. Hands down it is the ultimate king of promo sites. You get them to accept your book you don't need anyone else. None of these other sites come close. ENT used to be good but hearing nothing but negative things about them lately.

And, I just realized how old this thread was. Oh well. Maybe the info can help someone new.

Only commenting because of how much I love your catwoman avatar!!!!!