Greetings from Cascadia, the land of Legal Cannabis and Sasquatch!

futurnaut

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a writer from the Pacific Northwest and am currently working on my debut novel, a suspenseful literary tale. I've had a few short stories published over the years and have also written lyrics for several rock bands throughout the greater Seattle area, including my own now defunct group of gothy punks.

When I'm not writing, I can be found working at a local artisanal snack food startup, advocating for medical cannabis and the normalization of adult use, making music, traveling, studying Japanese language, cooking, gardening, and enjoying the beautiful outdoors with the legendary Sasquatch here in Cascadia.

(Ok, so, Sasquatch and I don't exactly hang out, but I did see one run across the road once. I mean, it was pretty dark out, and it might have been a big guy on a bicycle, but honestly, there have been so many sightings here, it's likely that it was a Sasquatch.)

I have been looking for a solid virtual writing community for some time, and I hope that AW will be a great place to exchange ideas and experiences!

Thanks, and I look forward to getting to know you!

weekendwarrior

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm still pretty new here myself but I think it's an amazing place for all things writing!

What's your tale about, if you don't mind me asking?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Melody

Writer of MG, YA and Adult
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I started out writing short stories and also have a musical background. Cheers. ;)

Hedwig

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.katherinetweedle.com
Hi Futurnaut!

Best wishes on your work-in-progress. I've found AW to be a great source of perspectives, insights, and writing tools I didn't know existed. If you take the time to explore, you're sure to find some really helpful information.

About the Sasquatch - "pic or it didn't happen"!

futurnaut

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!

What's your tale about, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

My novel is about an obsessive hoarder that struggles to save her hoard, home, and strained relationships in the face of an imminent flood. Haunted by her past and a gnawing existential crisis, the edges of her reality blur as her rural riverside town is taken by storm.

(I'm still working on my elevator pitch, but that's the gist.) :)

futurnaut

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Futurnaut!

Best wishes on your work-in-progress.

About the Sasquatch - "pic or it didn't happen"!

Thanks! I'm stoked to be here.

Sasquatch is one of those impossible things you can believe in before breakfast that Lewis Carrol was talking about. You don't need pics of the Mad Hatter or a hookah-smoking caterpillar to know that Wonderland, though impossible, existed, if only in that brilliant mind. ;)

Karl Sander

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm originally from the east side of the state, but spent time off and on living on Whidbey Island (my wife and our home are still there, and I'll be heading back down permanently in a little over a year). Nice to see another Northwesterner!

futurnaut

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm originally from the east side of the state, but spent time off and on living on Whidbey Island (my wife and our home are still there, and I'll be heading back down permanently in a little over a year). Nice to see another Northwesterner!

Thanks!

I have family on Whidbey Island as well as throughout Island and Skagit counties. It's so gorgeous up there! :)

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello from a fellow Seattelite! And if you want first hand experience with hoarding, shoot me a PM.

BTW what is the snack food company!