AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Waterhouse Press

Sick and pale with grief. StoryofWoe's Avatar

Waterhouse Press

Website Link

Does anyone have experience with or information about this publisher? From what I can tell, it's a relatively new (2014) venture from bestselling romance author Meredith Wild. They're open to direct submissions, but after perusing their stable of authors, I can't tell if they're only open to previously self-published authors with phenomenal sales. FWIW, I posed this question to them on Twitter and they simply referred me to their submission guidelines.

From their About page:
    Waterhouse stands apart as a publisher that not only appreciates a strong and memorable story, but one that focuses on creating powerful, lasting brands for each of its authors. Our team prides itself on providing a highly-tailored publishing and marketing experience to the selectively chosen authors on our roster.
    Last edited by StoryofWoe; 07-15-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    Website (Probably NSFW, depending on how your place of work feels about girl butts and boy nipples. Now with free erotic stories.)
    Instagram (I mostly post pictures of clouds, food, flowers, and furbabies.)
    Twitter

“There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don't work.” ― Anaïs Nin, Henry And June

If they have a submissions page and don't explicitly bar new writers, I would assume they're open to submission. You don't lose anything by trying :-)
    Last edited by Harlequin; 07-15-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    "Though one evil spirit may drive a woman out of Eden, all the devils in hell cannot drive Heaven out of a woman."

-- George MacDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
    If they have a submissions page and don't explicitly bar new writers, I would assume they're open to submission. You don't lose anything by trying :-)
    You're probably right. I shouldn't assume barriers where there might not be any.
    Website (Probably NSFW, depending on how your place of work feels about girl butts and boy nipples. Now with free erotic stories.)
    Twitter

“There are two ways to reach me: by way of kisses or by way of the imagination. But there is a hierarchy: the kisses alone don't work.” ― Anaïs Nin, Henry And June

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Madame Medusa's Avatar
    FWIW - they've removed their submissions page altogether from their site. You can still find it by Google search, but I'm thinking this might be a not-so-subtle hint.
    Long-time AW listener, first time caller...

My website, if you're interested

Quote Originally Posted by Madame Medusa View Post
    FWIW - they've removed their submissions page altogether from their site. You can still find it by Google search, but I'm thinking this might be a not-so-subtle hint.
    Are you sure? The link is still there for me when I type in their Waterhousepress.com address. On the far right, after "News." Two different browsers. And it works when I click it.
    Twitter

I tried it on two different browsers, but it doesn't show up with either. Nothing after the link for News. Have you tried clearing your browser history and then going back to their home page?

Making Einstein cry since 1994 Maggie Maxwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StoryofWoe View Post
    Are you sure? The link is still there for me when I type in their Waterhousepress.com address. On the far right, after "News." Two different browsers. And it works when I click it.
    I just tried it myself, having never been to this site before. The submission page is there for me, right where SoW said.
    The insane who believe they are sane are crazy. The sane who know they are insane are writers.

Blog (updated 10/18/17)| Twitter | Pinterest | Wattpad

LOL - it must just be me, then!

figuring it all out
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame Medusa View Post
    LOL - it must just be me, then!
    Nah, they have that link set up to be hidden on mobile, but their test for that is whether your browser window is over or under 800px high. Weird choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha Rose View Post
    Nah, they have that link set up to be hidden on mobile, but their test for that is whether your browser window is over or under 800px high. Weird choice.
    That is weird. Huh. All right then.
    Twitter

Making Einstein cry since 1994 Maggie Maxwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha Rose View Post
    Huh. That's such a strange requirement. Yeah, it's spot on: shrink the browser window, and the text vanishes.
    The insane who believe they are sane are crazy. The sane who know they are insane are writers.

Blog (updated 10/18/17)| Twitter | Pinterest | Wattpad