LibreOffice spellcheck on the fritz?

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
About a month ago or so, spellcheck stopped functioning, or got turned off somehow (it's possible I hit a shortcut button combo, or one of my kids turned it off).

I haven't been able to get it to turn back on. The button that I thought turned it on did not turn it on, and anything I've found while exploring all the menus hasn't done anything either. When I purposefully misspell a word for it to catch, there's no red squiggly line underneath it, and when I run a spellcheck search function, it shows no results. Has anyone else had this happen? Am I missing something obvious? Am I gonna have to reinstall the program entirely?:cry:

nrwriter

I like full stops.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nikolai.com.au
I use Linux so not sure if this will help you or not if you're on Windows or Mac.

Try to reinstall the spell check extension: go to Tools > Extension Manager and remove the spelling extension. Download the new extension and install it.

Silva

saucy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Heheh, you're awesome.

I didn't see an option to uninstall, but while looking around for it in the extension manager, I discovered a bunch of grammar checking boxes that were deselected. I selected the ones that seemed relevant and now I have my squiggly lines again. :)