AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1843688387888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2478

Thread: The Nacreous Nanotech Nymph's November Nightcap Niche

Bwaahahahahahahahahaahah...aaaaaand now it's that moment when your boss sends a late evening email out wondering if we should push back tomorrow morning's meeting time because he only just realized he set it for 7AM.

Hobbiting commences in 3, 2...
    Loves to tell stories. Finds editing a necessary evil. No longer fueled by coffee (again).
    ------------

Red Riding Hood retelling - Chapter One (revising)
    Pirate fantasy, Book 1 - Updated Chapter 1 (drafting)
    Russian ballerina vampire romance - Chapter 1 (polishing)
    UF romance with zombies, dwarves 'n biker chicks - Chapter 1 (querying)

Bloggity blog |
    #Tweety tweets | Pinterest plot bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post
    Meh. I think this calls for wine and a Hobbit marathon, which I will stay up too late for, even though I have an early morning meeting with bosses, but that's ok because THAT at least I'm already prepped for and ready to rock.
    I strongly approve of this.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -G.K. Chesterton

WIPs:
    Fantasy - Working title: "In Dreams They Came" -- 75,753 words & counting!
    Sleeping Beauty Retelling -- In stasis, much like SB herself... (I swear I'll get back to it someday.)
    Snow White Retelling -- FINISHED!!! Now for edits. dun Dun DUN!

Twitter of sparkles | Etsy | Goodreads | Pinterest | Instagram of sparkles

"No, my God's not done making me a masterpiece/ He's still working on me/ He started something good and I'm gonna believe it/ He started something good and He's gonna complete it/ So I'll celebrate the truth/ His work in me ain't through/ I'm just unfinished." ~"Unfinished" by Mandisa

hey Cobra!

sounds fun, Tiddly. ....I still need to show my partner Lord of the Rings...... they think each film is too long. BAH I SAY

my word totals are getting lower >< just trying to write every day now, even if it's 100 words. I can do that, at least.

Bwaahahahahahahahahaahah...aaaaaand now it's that moment when your boss sends a late evening email out wondering if we should push back tomorrow morning's meeting time because he only just realized he set it for 7AM.

Hobbiting commences in 3, 2...
    If there was any chance that you weren't going to go Hobbitting, it was quashed the moment your boss sent that email.

Please ignore the clearly insane electrical engineer behind the instrument panel. His meds won't wear off until Thur - it's Friday? Already?? Oh dear.
    sarcasticmathematician @gmail.com
    Yzjdriel [zid-ree-el] N. A username that's intentionally difficult to pronounce.

practical experience, FTW greendragon's Avatar
    Hobbiting for the win!

In an odd coincidence, my husband showed me a little ScotCom (as opposed to Britcom) he'd come across last night called Still Game. It was OK. Sort of a Last of the Summer Wine feel, but more ridiculous and more Scottish. However, episode 2 had a random guy in a beard next to the main characters, arguing with them to take the future as a gift. It was Billy Boyd.

Hobbiting for the win.

I got in 700 words yesterday, but today I'll do better.

Topaz puppy is asleep on my foot rn, and I am good and proper sick/ill/sad. I'm also downloading Brandon Sanderson's Oathbringer, which is mitigating the sads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade A View Post
    my word totals are getting lower >< just trying to write every day now, even if it's 100 words. I can do that, at least.
    MY DUDE!! IKR, it's like, it's like I'm a well that is drying up, but also becoming much clearer for all that there is less water left in me to draw on the page. Maybe some tears will help refill my inkwell
    -Twitter of fear and loathing and incredible shyness!

Hey, anyone have a blog and want to host my book? I made a signup thingy!!!

(Or if one of you wants to test it to make sure it works because I'm all newbie at this....)

Morning, Cantina. *stares at blinking cursor for full minute* Eh...I'm a little tired this morning. Had another night of having trouble falling asleep due to feeling funky and since everything I'm feeling is on the list of possible side effects and only happening at night after I take them I'm starting to be pretty sure that it's my BC pills causing it. I was also reading that it's not uncommon to experience side effects one month even if you didn't experience them other months, so, since this is consistently happening this month and interrupting my sleep, I'm thinking I'll try taking the pill in the morning instead of at night and see if that helps at all. I made the decision to take them at night in the first place in the hopes that I'd sleep through any side effects like nausea and such, but since these particular ones are interrupting sleep, I think I'd rather endure them when I'm awake instead. *eye roll of annoyance* On the plus side, my research says it's also not uncommon to only experience side effects for one month and then they go away the next month. Fingers crossed.

Going to do more editing for myself today and hopefully get the next chapter of the beta read done and sent off as well.

*climbs on top of smibble pile, laptop in hand* *curls up* *edits*
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” -G.K. Chesterton

WIPs:
    Sleeping Beauty Retelling -- In stasis, much like SB herself... (I swear I'll get back to it someday.)

"No, my God's not done making me a masterpiece/ He's still working on me/ He started something good and I'm gonna believe it/ He started something good and He's gonna complete it/ So I'll celebrate the truth/ His work in me ain't through/ I'm just unfinished." ~"Unfinished" by Mandisa

I just finally figured out how to make the new desktop and my laptop not sync their settings (which was annoying me by stealing my pretty wallpaper pics and putting them on my dad's computer instead, and then if he made a change, it put it on my laptop too.) *is technologically victorious*
    Last edited by E.F.B.; 11-14-2017 at 08:51 PM. Reason: *not sync their settings.

WIPs:

I want to be Comic Sans. CobraMisfit's Avatar
    Morning, gang.

Whut up?
    Quote Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
    I adore how our Cobra unapologetically loves odd stuff

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

I have fallen down a hole of nostalgia and fun... I decided to catch up on Girl Genius, but it's been YEARS since I read it. There are so many characters I decided to start over.

They've been doing pretty much two pages per week for over 15 YEARS. So it's taking a while. Luckily, each page is quick and gorgeous and fun. Love the Jagerkin! I want one of my own.

But I have to ration myself, otherwise that's ALL I'd do. When I first got into it, I'm pretty sure I went through all of it in a week (maybe around 2009?)

Writer Beware's Faithful Igor Richard White's Avatar
    I understand ... I started Girl Genius when it was an actual comic book before the Foglios' took it to the web.

I'm amazed and impressed by some of the truly long-running web comics out there.

*with a nod of the head to the first (and still running) web comic - Kevin and Kell. I started reading it with #6 back on Compuserve back in the 90s and it's been going 7 days a week without a break since.*

Quote Originally Posted by greendragon View Post
    I have fallen down a hole of nostalgia and fun... I decided to catch up on Girl Genius, but it's been YEARS since I read it. There are so many characters I decided to start over.

They've been doing pretty much two pages per week for over 15 YEARS. So it's taking a while. Luckily, each page is quick and gorgeous and fun. Love the Jagerkin! I want one of my own.

But I have to ration myself, otherwise that's ALL I'd do. When I first got into it, I'm pretty sure I went through all of it in a week (maybe around 2009?)

I've also managed to get in 1100 words, and still going...

Thanks to all who recommended The Goblin Emperor. It was, as advertised, absolutely lovely. Got me through the last few days before my husband got back (because of ridiculously unlucky travel, we saw each other for a grand total of two hours over the last three weeks, which was miserable). But now he's back, and I'm working on the new Philip Pullman - enjoyed the beginning, but I've ground to a bit of a halt about 80% of the way through. I think the problem is I liked all the side characters from the beginning more than the main character...

Quote Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
    Morning, gang.

Whut up?
    Not me. I am splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.

Quote Originally Posted by E.F.B. View Post
    Morning, Cantina. *stares at blinking cursor for full minute* Eh...I'm a little tired this morning. Had another night of having trouble falling asleep due to feeling funky and since everything I'm feeling is on the list of possible side effects and only happening at night after I take them I'm starting to be pretty sure that it's my BC pills causing it. I was also reading that it's not uncommon to experience side effects one month even if you didn't experience them other months, so, since this is consistently happening this month and interrupting my sleep, I'm thinking I'll try taking the pill in the morning instead of at night and see if that helps at all. I made the decision to take them at night in the first place in the hopes that I'd sleep through any side effects like nausea and such, but since these particular ones are interrupting sleep, I think I'd rather endure them when I'm awake instead. *eye roll of annoyance* On the plus side, my research says it's also not uncommon to only experience side effects for one month and then they go away the next month. Fingers crossed.
    Definitely worth trying changing the time, or if that doesn't work talking to your doctor to see if a different one might suit you better. And yes, the joy of hormones is they're always changing so it's really hard to monitor...

Yeah, I remember when I discovered Girl Genius - did not get much else done that day!

Guys, guys, gais!!! :O Kick me if I'm wrong, but I think -- THINK -- I am actually an okayish writer based on the section of story of mine I just read, and heck, does it feel gud!!!
    -Twitter of fear and loathing and incredible shyness!

Yay, Dammie!

I started Girl Genius in November 2010 and have been a mostly faithful reader ever since. It gets me through certain weeks.

This M/M space opera
    Blog: Blue Night
    Art and jewelry online at Etsy.

Quote Originally Posted by E.F.B. View Post
    I strongly approve of this.
    *nods*

Preciousssssssss hot dwarves...

*cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Jade A View Post
    hey Cobra!

sounds fun, Tiddly. ....I still need to show my partner Lord of the Rings...... they think each film is too long. BAH I SAY
    My hubby was like "HOW MANY HOURS??" until he started watching it and got sucked in. Unfortunately, he fell asleep during the Hobbit movies, but that's okay because I got quality oggling...er, I mean, watching of Richard Armitage as Thorin.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzjdriel View Post
    If there was any chance that you weren't going to go Hobbitting, it was quashed the moment your boss sent that email.
    You should have heard the giant "nope, nope, NOPE!" that rose up on my end as I promptly sat down for the Hobbit BoFA.

Meetings were great. It's always a good thing when you sit down with the VP and CEO and they are like "so, we have to make cuts in the company due to icky forecast next year....buuuuuut Marketing is doing awesome things and all the org. leaders told us to leave you guys alone!" That's right. Don't even THINK of touching my awesome possum team. We are making the phone ring and bringing in million dollar projects due to SEO. (Thankfully, Winks does not exaggerate on that, which is why my team is safe.)

It makes that very very very long last month of nothing but work trips a little more palatable.

*polishes knuckles, looks pleased with self, and promptly trips over a smibble*
    Loves to tell stories. Finds editing a necessary evil. No longer fueled by coffee (again).
    ------------

Red Riding Hood retelling - Chapter One (revising)
    Pirate fantasy, Book 1 - Updated Chapter 1 (drafting)
    Russian ballerina vampire romance - Chapter 1 (polishing)
    UF romance with zombies, dwarves 'n biker chicks - Chapter 1 (querying)

Bloggity blog |
    #Tweety tweets | Pinterest plot bunnies

Now available (see sig for link)! Cliff Face's Avatar
    I'm once again considering the scary idea of finding a local pen-and-paper D&D group. I mean, there's a gaming store at the local shop that not only sells video games and other types of games to boot, but they also run gaming sessions - like, Pokemon card game type sessions. Anyway, I'd say there's a good chance they could hook me up with a D&D group locally that doesn't mind taking on a relative newbie.

I had the idea yesterday, and it seemed good. But now there's all the social anxiety crap cropping up... *sigh* It's something I'll continue to think about, though.
    To listen to my feeble attempts at music, go here! I'll be adding to it (hopefully) for all of February.

Buy my comedic urban fantasy novel on Kindle today!
    I now have a blog.
    (Updated 23 January 2016)
    I also have a website. How exciting!

Main WIPs

The Black Book That Went 'Thud'
    The Little House of Flames
    From De-cluttering To Minimalism: A Journey

practical experience, FTW Shoeless's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
    I had the idea yesterday, and it seemed good. But now there's all the social anxiety crap cropping up... *sigh* It's something I'll continue to think about, though.
    Social anxiety is real. Especially if you're inherently anti-social to begin with. Which is basically me unless I'm with a cat.

Now available (see sig for link)! Cliff Face's Avatar
    Yep, I've never really been comfortable around other people. It's such a pain in the arse sometimes.
    To listen to my feeble attempts at music, go here! I'll be adding to it (hopefully) for all of February.

Buy my comedic urban fantasy novel on Kindle today!
    I now have a blog.
    (Updated 23 January 2016)
    I also have a website. How exciting!

Main WIPs

The Black Book That Went 'Thud'
    The Little House of Flames
    From De-cluttering To Minimalism: A Journey

I did the same thing with Misfile and EGS when I stumbled upon those two. They're not really in the ballpark of "normal", but they make me laugh, which is what counts.

Please ignore the clearly insane electrical engineer behind the instrument panel. His meds won't wear off until Thur - it's Friday? Already?? Oh dear.
    sarcasticmathematician @gmail.com
    Yzjdriel [zid-ree-el] N. A username that's intentionally difficult to pronounce.

I want to be Comic Sans. CobraMisfit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by feyngirl View Post
    Not me. I am splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.
    That's...quite a visual.

I'm once again considering the scary idea of finding a local pen-and-paper D&D group. I mean, there's a gaming store at the local shop that not only sells video games and other types of games to boot, but they also run gaming sessions - like, Pokemon card game type sessions. Anyway, I'd say there's a good chance they could hook me up with a D&D group locally that doesn't mind taking on a relative newbie.
    Ooooooo. I've been jonesing some pen and paper D&D or Shadowrun for years. The days of P&P RPGs were some of my favorites, but it's been nigh impossible to get that going. Heck, my game group is scrambling to complete Pandemic: Legacy in preparation for Gloomhaven's arrival.

Still have that old Shadowrun source book, though. Maybe I can convince the crew for a run sometime....

Morning, gang.

Whut up?
    Quote Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
    I adore how our Cobra unapologetically loves odd stuff

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Give it a try!

I'm working from home today, as I have a sore throat, and don't want to infect my office. Which is something I wish my co-worker in the next office, Don, would have considered before HE came in sick and infected me

At least it's now and not busy month. And since I have little work to do this time of the year, I am really just having a day off after the half hour meeting I called into.

Definitely worth trying changing the time, or if that doesn't work talking to your doctor to see if a different one might suit you better. And yes, the joy of hormones is they're always changing so it's really hard to monitor...
    This is the second one I've tried and I'm only three months in. First one was okay, but after 6 months, while it did help with my PMS it also had me in a constant state of feeling I was on the verge of tears. Not in a depressed way, just in a easily emotional way. It also gave me annoying pains and a proneness to headaches. This second pill seems to be doing better on all of the above so far, it's only been in the past week I've been having this sleep issue. But, having taken it this morning instead of last night, I slept well and seem to be doing okay at the moment.

*nods*

Preciousssssssss hot dwarves...

*cough*

My hubby was like "HOW MANY HOURS??" until he started watching it and got sucked in. Unfortunately, he fell asleep during the Hobbit movies, but that's okay because I got quality oggling...er, I mean, watching of Richard Armitage as Thorin.
    Armitaaaaaaaage.

Meetings were great. It's always a good thing when you sit down with the VP and CEO and they are like "so, we have to make cuts in the company due to icky forecast next year....buuuuuut Marketing is doing awesome things and all the org. leaders told us to leave you guys alone!" That's right. Don't even THINK of touching my awesome possum team. We are making the phone ring and bringing in million dollar projects due to SEO. (Thankfully, Winks does not exaggerate on that, which is why my team is safe.)

It makes that very very very long last month of nothing but work trips a little more palatable.

*polishes knuckles, looks pleased with self, and promptly trips over a smibble*
    Yay for safe teams and bringing in the big bucks!

Morning, Cantina. Beta reading another chapter happens today as well as editing for myself, assuming I have time. My dad has an appointment with his retinologist today, which means I have to be prepared to sit and read anywhere from one to four hours. Yeah. Depends on how busy they are, but I literally have sat there in the waiting room for four hours on two occasions. *puts books in purse*

WIPs:

splatted on the sofa like a tartan slug.
    That would make an awesome plush toy . Also, very Christmasy (I got lots of tartan pattern thingies on the Christmas tree!)

I watched tv all day and did nothing productive. Feel kinda sluggish, too...

Page 93 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1843688387888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast