The Cantina Staring Back At You From The Abyss

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
No worries, my dad is very good at ripping them a new one when they do stuff like this.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
E.F.B.: that's horrible! some of the stories coming from people who are hospitalized (here included) are terrifying

good/big news! me and fiance have a possible date for our wedding! a friend is coming back to Canada for most of May so we kicked things into high gear. we want them to be at our wedding. we found a great venue that's inexpensive AND holds meaning for us. everything's starting to come together :hooray:

Last edited:

Damoclian

Fragile Bunny
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: Thief. You must be new 'round these here parts, eh, pardner? :D Where's Hoplite when you need a welcoming party??? :eek:

good/big news! me and fiance have a possible date for our wedding! a friend is coming back to Canada for most of May so we kicked things into high gear. we want them to be at our wedding. we found a great venue that's inexpensive AND holds meaning for us. everything's starting to come together :hooray:

Hazzah Jade! :D You rock! You and your fiance got dis, you gonne live all happily and togethery and ever-afterish (until you both die! :eek: (which is how fairy tales used to end btw)). *hi5s that soon-to-be en-ring-ified hand* I'm so proud of you :cry: :p

No worries, my dad is very good at ripping them a new one when they do stuff like this.

Good. :rant: You hi5 your dad for your aunt's sake and make sure he rips 'em several new ones. That sounds horrible. I nearly lost my father a while back to incompetent doctors who don't listen. This is why I don't like the pokey-stabby-cut-cut parts of hospitals where all the body stuff happens. :(

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greendragonartist.com
I would love to see your dad in action, EFB - I always admire a fellow ass-ripper :)

Jade, congratulations! Let the madness commence, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Welcome, Thief! I see you are from the Land of Bad Drivers. I concur - though CT drivers may just be worse...

I was able to squeeze in 900 words this morning while listening to a boring conference call. I hope to do much more this afternoon. My putatitive goal is 2000 each day, but I've got a stretch goal of 4000!

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly and a lovely time is had by all. :)

I would love to see your dad in action, EFB - I always admire a fellow ass-ripper :)
He's very efficient. My mom just called my aunt to check on her and she sounded a lot better than she did last night. She said they got the allergic reaction taken care of and the doctor my dad talked to came in last night and used a cool little device to find a vein and got the IV in so she's getting the appropriate treatments and is already feeling better. We'll continue to keep a close eye on things.

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Woohoo! Just got the first round of edits back for Misfortune of Vision! This one took a while - 107 days since contract signing. Last two times it was 67-70 days. She must be backed up a bit. But this one isn't slated for release until January, so there was no big hurry.

So, I've only got 1400 words in today on the new WIP, because I have to go play with my new shiny. She only had about a dozen minor comments, maybe 50 tiny errors (commas, word choice, etc.), and one big comment that might require some additional words (a pacing comment).

I'd also noted some things I'D seen since I submitted it, or details I wanted to change due to writing the prequel. This is the time to add those.

Off to edit!

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score

Congratulations! All of the best wishes!

*throws rice everywhere in the Cantina*

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
Guess who managed to pinch a nerve in her neck while taking the garbage can down to the curb this morning? >_<

And not just a little bit pinched, triggered a full-blown blinding headache. Lay down to try and get it to unpinch and woke up almost six hours later. (Good news is the headache has let up, although I'm a bit puddinged.)

Just in time to take a shower (done), put some chicken in the crockpot (done), and go pick up Monkey from school.

Also, still tired. (Which makes sense. Trying to rest with a migraine-esque headache is not necessarily restful. But still.)

Aggy, wobbles

JJ Litke

People are not wearing enough hats
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjlitke.com
E.F.B.: that's horrible! some of the stories coming from people who are hospitalized (here included) are terrifying

Woohoo! :PartySmil <-- wedding party

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yikes! Aggy can't catch a break :(. I'm glad the headache eased up!

It turns out a few well-strewn 'breadcrumbs' help immensely with the one 'major' comment. She said she didn't really know the purpose of the story by page 80 (out of 280), and needed to by then. No problem - a few well-scattered internal wishes, and Declan has a well-defined purpose. He won't ACHIEVE the purpose, of course. He dies. His purpose dies, too. It's lovely. And Orlagh does get what she wants. Just not the way she expected to.

So... edits done! Ready to send back. And I still have an hour to add to that 1500 words on the current WIP.

I'm itching to submit Misfortune of Song. My critique group still have about 10% to go through, but I might go ahead and submit soon, and wait until I receive the first round of edits to make any subsequent suggestions. It's the last 10% of the novel that's left.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!

and hugs to Dammy :Hug2: for making me laugh and being awesome

I feel like all of my short stories have been extra short lately :/ latest is 500 words.

Jade Rothwell

rolling dice
Registered
Reaction score
A story needs only be as long as it needs to be.

So sayeth the lady who writes 2000-word "flash" fictions for FFC. :greenie

hehe true enough

The numbness, headache, etc are due to the same bone spur pushing on nerves and blood vessels in my spinal cord. Once it gets irritated it tends to snowball.

oh lord! I hope the pain eases a bit

Religion0

Cantina's Official Doggy Poster
Registered
Reaction score
On that sandy little pile of darkness and seaweed
Rel - is there anything wrong with that?
Nope.

I have to work to differentiate the 'good guy' personalities involved. The husband's best friend (Cadhla) and the grandson's tutor (Odhar) must be more distinguishable. Right now they feel too similar to me. Hmm. Both are good-natured and world-wise. One is a priest about 50, the other a monk about 30 and newly arrived. All in 11th century Ireland. Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe Cadhla could be sarcastic. Yes. I like that.
Sarcasm is good.

Yay! Congrats!

Completely off topic, but I just ran across the covers in your sig. There is some amazing artwork there!
Nothing off topic in the Cantina. On which note, welcome to the Cantina! You're definitely new here! Have a drink, squeeze a smibble, order what you like, but not meat or the raptors will steal it.

E.F.B.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
*drags self into Cantina* Aaaaaaaarg. Sleepy Effby is sleepy. Need food. Need sinus pain+drainage to go away. Need tea. *zombie moan*

- - - Updated - - -

Completely off topic, but I just ran across the covers in your sig. There is some amazing artwork there!

Welcome, newbie!

greendragon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Tonight I'm off to set up for the Naples Grape Festival. Evidently Grape Pie is a big thing. I've never tried it before. There's a contest at the festival. This could be berry, berry bad for my diet.

Luckily, it's only an hour from my house so I don't need to find a hotel. I can drive home each night. Long but not ridonculous.