• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'm a First Time Beta Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comanche

Huh??
Registered
Reaction score
In my not so humble opinion, that first beta read went well. I'd like to think the author was appreciative of my critiques - both praise and suggestions for revision.

And - as others have said - I learned a lot too. In fact, I saw some of my own errors in another person's work.

Will I do it again? Yew betcha!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a complete sucker for a happy ending. Glad it went so well!

Svader

Registered
Reaction score
When I get a beta reader, I'm looking for reader impressions. Usually by that time, I've edited as good as I could, so if they catch some mistakes, great. What i want to know is, Did you enjoy my story? Were there areas that were confusing, or places you wanted to stop reading? What did you think of the characters? Like them or hate them? Was the story believable, realistic? Things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.