AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Willing Beta Readers Volume III

AVAILABILITY - anytime, excluding a moving break from November 11 to when my internet is reconnected. ETA: the moving date has changed to December 2

PREFERENCE - historical, thriller, mystery, crime, Christian, paranormal (ETA: I do not do demons), biography. I'm picky about some scifi and do not do erotica or illicit sex scenes in any genre.

WHAT I WRITE - novels with a flavor of the paranormal, including Christian, historical romance, crime, biography.

BETA STYLE - Intense, straight-foreward review and LBL critiques, and nitpick grammar and spelling, using MS WORD comments or WORKS attachment. Manuscripts that have been edited edited edited, please, but I will read the first paragraph of the first draft and may request more.

EXPERIENCE - never a beta, but have critiqued creative writing and a few SYWs

TIMELINE - Not over 2 weeks, otherwise I'll send a head's up

CONTACT - PM me

ETA to determine correct spelling, please make sure the setting is clear.
    Last edited by Cindyt; 11-11-2017 at 02:45 AM.
    The only thing you can't fix is a blank page.--Bonnie Hearn Hill

BLOGS

Cindy Tapia
    Our Town
    In Loving Memory Brandon Lee

practical experience, FTW Fiender's Avatar
    As of October 24th 2017:

Availability
    : Not currently available!

Preferences: Sci-fi/Fantasy, adult or YA. Not interested in MG or romance (romantic subplots are fine). Looking for short stories or opening segments around 10k long.

What I write: Mostly fantasy, usually urban. Some science fiction.

Beta Style: Line-by-line, stream of consciousness, to give writers an idea what a reader might be thinking while they read. Can adjust focus/topics of critique (as well as frequency of the line-by-line notes) to writer preferences.

Experience: I've critiqued a few full books, and dozens of chapters/segments.

Timeline: For a novel section or short story about 10k words long, about a week.

Last edited by Fiender; 10-25-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Availability [as of 08 Nov 2017]: someone snatched me up! I'll update this post when I'm free again. If you're looking for feedback on a short story, feel free to message me anyway--I can usually fit a good short in somewhere.

Preferences: I prefer to read erotic romance, erotica, or steamy romance. These are my strengths. I will also read fantasy on a limited basis.

What I write: Erotic romance, general romance, and straight-up erotica

Beta Style: I tend to provide a mixture of reader reactions, technical nitpicks, and general observations/suggestions for improvement. Let me know if you'd prefer not to receive any of these things, or if you want me to focus on one issue in particular. I like to be thorough, so be prepared for a lot of commentary; and I sometimes inject some humor into my nitpicks, let me know if you'd rather I didn't. I'm a good pick for authors who lack thick skins or are new to having their work critiqued (but let me know if you'd like gentle feedback all the same, please; I will get tough on occasion).

Experience: I spend a lot of time on Scribophile and have completed 151 critiques as of this writing. I've also done a few beta reads for writers on Goodreads. I've learned quite a bit from critiquing others' work, and I hope that I can use that knowledge to help improve members' writing here as well.

Timeline: I can critique about 12,000 words in a weekend, and about 5,000 words per weekday.

Contact: PM me, please; we can move to email from there, if you like.
    Last edited by JadeDonovan; 11-09-2017 at 03:31 AM.

Availability: Someone snatched me up, currently doing a beta. Will post when I have availability.
    Preferences: I prefer romance (no BDSM please) or urban fantasy. Edited please. No sex that isn't consensual.
    What I write: Contemporary, romance, paranormal romance, or urban fantasy.
    Beta Style: I'm blunt and don't do grammar unless it starts to bother me at which time I will point out that it is bothering me, highlighting problems and leaving you a comment to check your MS for grammar. I do reader impressions, general observations, and areas to improve. Thick skin is best: I'm not a hand holder. I'm exclusively MS Word.
    Experience: I've beta read for writer friends before. But they know me, understand I'm a tough love type.
    Timeline: Depends on the project. Contact me via PM and we can discuss.
    Last edited by GypsyLayla; 11-11-2017 at 02:51 PM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin mothgirl's Avatar
    Availability:Monday-Thursday; 1pm to 6pm
    Preferences:realistic fiction/YA/YA romance
    What I write: YA/realistic ficiton
    Beta Style:Id like to read on my phone or computer. I don't have a a lot of experience beta reading but I will be able to read just like your average reader and not a critic. Ill note in another document. I would love to help improve your story and give feedback
    Experience:I don't have experience beta teading but I read a couple of books a week.
    Timeline:I take about a few days to a week to read.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12