AW is an Amazon Affiliate

Buy Scrivener 3 for macOS (Regular Licence)

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Willing Beta Readers Volume III

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW Leema's Avatar
    • Availability: I tend to read about 2 beta reads a month. I have what I call a 'beta queue' and, if I can't read your novel immediately, you can be added to the end of the queue.

• Preferences: I will only read full manuscripts - I am not willing to read chapters or WIP.

I like: YA, MG and historical fiction.

I am less keen on: Fantasy, sci-fi, manuscripts over 100k.

• What I write:I write YA and MG (mostly contemporary), but also have two historical fiction novels.

• Beta Style: I prefer to receive your full manuscript, read it, and then give you a dot-pointed summary of the things I found good and bad. I focus on 'big picture' items like plot, characters, and pacing. I do not do line-by-lines or editing. I will tell you whether I love it or hate it, or anything in between. Normally, if I parts of the novel I did not enjoy, I will suggest ways that this can be improved.

• Experience: I have probably beta-ed 50 or more novels by now, so... A bit.

• Timeline: It normally takes me a week or two to read a manuscript, depending on everything else in my life. However, it may take me more than a week or two to start reading your manuscript. You'll be advised at the time you make contact.

• Contact: Email macdogald@gmail.com with a blurb concerning your manuscript, the word count, and what kind of feedback you are seeking.
    Last edited by Leema; 01-01-2018 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Formatting.