Registered
Reaction score
It has Shia LaBeouf.

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Not a fan of his? I've liked his work *shrugs*

I didn't like him in the Greenlight (either the thing itself or the show), and since then... between his 'acting' and his personal assholish behaviour...

I watched a whole miniseries with James Franco and didn't mind (I dislike Franco), but there's a limit for me, and LaBeouf is over it by a mile. Mileage varies.

McEnroe is such a douche it's probably good casting, but the whole thing is very offputting to me.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not a tennis fan, either, so that's one reason why I'm not interested in seeing it. The other is Shia LaBeouf; I've never been interested in him as an actor so I'm not compelled to go.

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
I do not like Shia, and I don't recall McEnroe being as weaselly as Shia normally appears. However, actors have surprised me before, and he might bring the "brain wound a little too tight" air that McEnroe had while playing.

I remember once seeing McEnroe's father being interviewed. The interviewer said something about how "John never seems to be having fun on the court," and McEnroe Sr. snapped back "It's his job. He's not supposed to be having fun." I thought how sad to be that good at something and not feel allowed to have fun at it.