• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta swap for short story (just shy of 14k words, will beta your full novel in exchange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys, back again. Was hoping to beta a short story I wrote. It is about 14k long, and unlike my others, not upper MG. I guess it would be considered literary fiction and is basically about the MC (Iris) writing a memoir about Mr. Stone, an enigmatic man who has accumulated the most good karma in the world. In this story good karma makes good things happen to people. The interview turns from telling the story about the man to philosophical conversations about what makes a good person, what is truly love, etc. as it all boils down to one question: is the person with most good karma in the world a good person?

I will beta someone else's manuscript of any genre and length (though I might have to stay away from 120k+ manuscripts unless the plot really interests me).

Let me know if you have any questions and if you'd be willing to swap. As always, thanks so much!

Last edited:

AR_Kingston

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not finished with my manuscript yet, but I'll be happy to read your short story now, and you can read mine when I finish. ;)

Jamills08

Registered
Reaction score
Hi playground. I sent you a pm but it got bounced back saying your inbox has reached its limit. If you are still looking let me know.

Paula Davids

Banned
Reaction score
Hi, I will give your story a read if you like. No exchange needed. Let me know what to look for.
Paula

Status
Not open for further replies.