Own your ISBNs and Change Distributor? Lose all of your Reviews

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
I'm changing my eBook distributor soon, the ISBNs will be exactly the same for exactly the same books, just through another distributor.

I asked ScribD and Kobo about keeping the reviews / ratings I have accumulated over years, and am told I will lose all of them.

Growing? Upsizing? Change your distributor? Fed up of your distributor?......Lose all your reviews.

Genius.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Copy all your old reviews, including attribution, date, linked website if there is one. Then put that info into your media kit/press section of blog, FB page, etc. I lost mine when the 1st edition of a book went out contract, but I still have the review text.

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
I took a video screen grab of them all. You can show me what you did on your blog etc. if you like?

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure there's a reason why you're worried about this, but surely reviews are linked to the title and author, and not to the ISBN? If you look on Amazon etc. different editions of books have different ISBNs, but the reviews carry over.

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Amazon is good about that, Kobo and some other platforms, not so much.

If you have a Facebook author page or a blog, just set up a separate linked page called Media Kit, Reviews, or About My Books. There you can store review copy and links, awards, interviews, etc.

Mine's in progress so don't take it seriously. But look up your fave authors in your genre, and see what they are doing.

Last edited: