Multiple Manuscripts sent out

jjcori

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum and if not, I do apologize.

I have a manuscript (agented) that was queried to fifteen houses over a month ago. Out of those, nine were full send outs with only one rejection (the house was not going in our direction, but loved it). Anyway, four of the big five jumped on requesting the full just hours after receieveing the query. But since then we've heard nothing--from anyone at all. I know that they say no's come faster than yes's but also I hear stories of people being offered contracts after a few days.

Am I just being too impatient? (I'm expecting tons of you to say yes)

Sorry, just been going a little stir crazy over all this!

Siri Kirpal

Swan in Process
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Starting collecting that ton! There's no need to worry if it's only been a month or so.

Also, you have an agent; it really is okay to talk to your agent about what to expect.

Be at peace.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
Go into the "Next Circle Of Hell" thread in the "Rejection and Dejection" forum, you'll find a lot of people in the same boat.

(If you want an extra special dose of anxiety tonight, my MS went on sub and then I never heard from anyone - or my agent - ever again!)

Maybe ask your agent to give them a nudge?

CEtchison

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cheryletchison.com
It's only been one month and it's summer. Even if the requesting editor is available to read your book right away, they may not have someone available to do the second read due to summer vacations. And depending on what you write, there many be conferences and/or conventions to take into consideration.

Patience, grasshopper. :)