Fallout 4 choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mondo

New and suspicious
Registered
Reaction score
SPOILER ALERT!!!

DO NOT READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO RISK LEARNING ABOUT FACTIONS AND COMPANIONS

So: what are your value choices?

I just downloaded the full range of DLC (except the one where you command raiders), so naturally I started over yet again.

I find I make much the same value decisions each time through. I usually pick Cait because her voice is nice and she's game for anything, but I'm running Piper this time around for the challenge. Her voice is nice, too. Unlike Cait she doesn't seem to generate a specific mission.

Brotherhood of Steel: No choice required, I have been a BoS fan in every version of the game, right back to Fallout 1. Plus you get powered armor just for signing up. Great power armor, BTW.

The Minutemen: Ran with them one go-through, but frankly they were like the overly-attached girlfriend. You couldn't turn around without Preston sending word that yet another community needed help. And unlike the BoS, who will wait patiently for nearly any mission to be completed, the MM missions have a deadline. Like the cause, haste the clingy.

The Railroad: Don't like their attitude. You bring a minigun to the initial meet, prepare to meet my little friend. Never really got a handle on who they are because I always end up wiping out their home base.

The Institute: Took me two run-throughs before I didn't shoot Sean the first time I met him.

So, what paths of the Commonwealth have you trod, and with whom?

Last edited:

writeonleanne

señora vaca
Registered
Reaction score
Companion: My first run through was mostly with Danse, but now I usually run around with Hancock, because I like his history and his sense of humor. Also, getting him as a companion is a super fun part of the game. Buuut I mix it up, and will run around with Nick (for his computer hacking skills), Preston (because I want his perk), and always, always Dogmeat (I have the mod that lets you run around with Dogmeat and one other companion).

Brotherhood of Steel: I ran with them for the first run through, but honestly I felt like their final battle was lame. Also not a fan of Maxon or Danse.

Minutemen: I ran with them during my second run through and enjoyed it. I liked have the option of not destroying the other factions (though I ended up destroying them anyway, whoops).

Railroad: Now THIS was a fun run through. I didn't get to them until my third (fourth?) play through, because I'm with you—all the characters were annoying (especially Desdamona and Carrington). But one of my friends said it was intense, so I decided to give it a shot. MAN, that was fun. I won't give anything away in case you decide to try it one day, but it's the only faction that lets you get pretty far with all the other factions before the final battle. I actually just finished it this morning :greenie

Institute: Scumbags. My husband ran with them during his first play through. He said the final battle with the Brotherhood was awesome, but I can't bring myself to run with them.

Last edited:

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
It's been quite a while. I played it through once, the game glitched and in a rage I beat it accidentally. After that I haven't had any interest in playing it again, even with all the DLC.

Companions

I'm in the camp that left Dogmeat back at the home base most of the game because I couldn't take hearing him whine when he got hurt. Mostly I ran with Piper or Nick, though closer to the end I had a lot of fun with Strong.

BOS
Meh, they were okay. I felt bad for Danse, but I never planned to go with them to the end. I used them for supplies and Power armor, that was it.

Minutemen
Even in games, I tend to be loyal to a fault, so the first group I join I usually stick with until the end. This was no different. I didn't use Preston as a companion though. Found him much too pretentious.

Institute

I never even considered them a joinable faction to be honest, they were just part of the story to me. Though I did join them for the ending.

Railroad
These assholes ruined the game for me. Was on one of their major missions when it glitched out and a guy that wasn't supposed to managed to die. Went back to the hideout and I couldn't continue with him dead. So in frustration I slaughtered them all. Turned out that was enough to trigger the end of the last story mission I had open. Ugh.

Last edited:

writeonleanne

señora vaca
Registered
Reaction score
Companions

I'm in the camp that left Dogmeat back at the home base most of the game because I couldn't take hearing him whine when he got hurt.

I feel bad whenever Dogmeat gets hurt but somehow worse when I leave him behind. His whine and bark drove my dog (GSD/lab—he actually kinda looks like Dogmeat) NUTS during my first play through. Silly dog tried scrambling into the house through the window to get at the strange dog barking in our family room.

Status
Not open for further replies.