Pharma CEO going to prison

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Shkreli was sentenced to 7 years in prison for defrauding investors. He cried during his sentencing.
“I was never motivated by money,” said Mr. Shkreli, wearing dark prison scrubs and sitting at the defense table as he read from notes before the sentence was handed down. He cried as he gave his statement, dabbing at his eyes with a tissue. “I wanted to grow my stature and my reputation. I am here because of my gross, stupid and negligent mistakes I made.”
Boo fragging hoo, jerkwad. Obviously he wasn't motivated by money, that's why he jacked up the price of Daraprim by 5000 percent.

Link

Justobuddies

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Registered
Reaction score
The most frustrating part of this is that they (government, the law, whomever) sat idly by while this guy screwed over poor sick people, but as soon as he tried to screw over healthy rich people, jail time.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
“I wanted to grow my stature and my reputation." He's got a reputation, now. He should be happy.
As to Justobuddies' excellent point - at least he got punished for doing something to someone. And, honestly, getting him for fraud is better. If they had got him for raising prices, he could have come out and spun it as a clever maneuver, which he would try again, only with better, more money-making results. 'Fraud' is a pretty clear signal. Who's going to trust him with money again?

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
"In today's news, Trump appointed his new FDA head..."

Good god, that's too possible to joke about.

Besides the Wu Tang album, the government today seized a Gonzo-big yacht in a different case, a money laundering scheme where the Prez of Malaysia stole $4B from his country's treasury. If we can sell all these assets the FBI is raking in, we can arm all the teachers with the windfall. :e2thud:

:sarcasm (just in case)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"In today's news, Trump appointed his new FDA head..."

Well Alex Azar is the head of Health and Human Services and he's the piss weasel that jacked up the price of insulin

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com