Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hooray:

Go, Alby! Back to studying, huh? As they say, there's no rest for the birdmen.

Here's hoping you get full power back soon, Bryan. All in all, sounds like you've come out of it fairly painlessly. :)

I think I worked out how to fix my end-of-MS stall. I think the chapter's in the wrong MC's POV. I really want to go home to try writing it from the other perspective, but alas ... eyeballs.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:e2thud: Had to go in to the city today for a doctor's appt for #2. This was with the surgeon who did his back four years ago. Doc is very happy with how things look with #2's back, but he wants him to get some exercises happening to strengthen his core and stretch his hamstrings. The appointment itself wasn't very long, but it takes about an hour to get to the hospital where the doctor has his office, and we needed to get an xray done before the appt - and apparently it's only the xray dept in the hospital that can fit the whole back on one film. So, yeah, we left at 10am and got back home just before 3pm.

Hope you get full power back soon, Bry!

Way to go, Alby! :hooray: That's awesome! You can do this last test!

Hope you still have your ideas for how to fix your MS stall when you get home, BF!

I'm going to sit and be a vegetable for a while. :)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a long day, Jay. Glad things went well, though.

BF, I have a solution to you problem. Just start poking people's eyes. Then maybe they'll leave and you can go home early and write. See? I'm a problem solver.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on passing your exam, Al! That's awesome!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
*peeks under thread and behind thread wall*

*sees no one*

You guys! I'm wide awake at 3:45 am and no one is here! I finally have a chance to hang with the Aussies--where did you all go?

Oldest son is having relationship problems. Girlfriend is a psycho. And ill-tempered, controlling, Narcissistic, manipulative little...thing. He's known this for a long time but whenever he tries to break up with her, she guilts him into staying, usually by threatening suicide. Soooo, he needs relationship advice at 2 am and who am I to deny him?

Believe me, I had lots to say. Divorce, bad relationships, and years and years of therapy have left me somewhat of an expert on these kinds of people. Anyway, I hope he finds the strength to end it, if for no other reason than their personal drama keeps interrupting my much-needed sleep. Selfish little shits.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Just bar her from the house and tell your son you don't want to hear about it. Drama feeds drama,

one boyfriend ended up in hospital but that was HIS problem.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
*peeks under thread and behind thread wall*

*sees no one*

You guys! I'm wide awake at 3:45 am and no one is here! I finally have a chance to hang with the Aussies--where did you all go?

Oldest son is having relationship problems. Girlfriend is a psycho. And ill-tempered, controlling, Narcissistic, manipulative little...thing. He's known this for a long time but whenever he tries to break up with her, she guilts him into staying, usually by threatening suicide. Soooo, he needs relationship advice at 2 am and who am I to deny him?

Believe me, I had lots to say. Divorce, bad relationships, and years and years of therapy have left me somewhat of an expert on these kinds of people. Anyway, I hope he finds the strength to end it, if for no other reason than their personal drama keeps interrupting my much-needed sleep. Selfish little shits.

Wow, Lil. That girl sounds positively toxic. I really hope your son finds the strength to dump her ass - and stick to it.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! It's great to have some of the pressure off (to be replaced by even more pressure.)

Lillian, that's a difficult situation. I've heard (never experienced it,but heard) that one way to deal with people with NPD, etc. who threaten suicide is to call the bluff: call an ambulance, call a crisis line, tell them that the person is threatening suicide. It will be taken seriously. (And why shouldn't it?) They may get scheduled. They're likely to get taken to hospital and evaluated, whether or not they want to go. If they're seriously suicidal it's the only appropriate thing to do, and if they're just saying it to manipulate ... well they'll be reluctant to try it again.

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
They are VERY difficult to keep in hospital even if they have just got twenty stitches in there arm Alby. Even if shes a minor you might not be able to get an involuntary Treatment order.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The goal's not to keep them in hospital. It's to show that you will treat threats of suicide in the proper manner: as a medical emergency that requires the utmost response. Same as you would if she had crushing chest pain whenever he tried to break up with her. If she is suicidal she'll get the right help.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
That's a great idea. Hopefully it won't come to that. Last time he tried to break up with her, she cyber-stalked him, called a ton, used every tool she could to manipulate him and it worked--he took her back. But he's an adult, not a child, so I can't demand he stops seeing her. She's never been to my house (she doesn't live in the same state, the bulk of their relationship has been online) so banning her has no effect.

Anyway, I finally fell asleep around 3:45 and then was up again at 5 (for unrelated reasons). I'm TIRED. But no time to sleep.

Beanie5

Registered
Reaction score
I'm flogging a dead horse hear so i will say this yes if you want to be admitted to psyche ward when they don't want you, you say you are suicidal and they will find a place for you, if you are suicidal and say you are not then you won't get kept or helped, my expierince is to shut them down and shut them out.

It wwill be very difficult for your son Lil because these people deal in guilt and the only way to handle it is to wash your hands of it and absolve yourself from the guilt it is thier problem and they have to deal with it, It is also almost impossible for a young teenager to grasp this concept and leading by example maybe helpful, I have seen the worst of this it causes irreperable damage to those involved. Pandering does not work and if they end up dead ( one personality disorder has a 10% suicide rate and that does not include the reckless behavior deaths ) it is just as likely your cause of action is going to help keep them alive as not but it is something you can not fall intro worrying about and this attitude may help your son understand and to adopt a similar approach, it is a really awful situation Lil and i am trying to give you my best advice.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Beanie, I appreciate it.

Today the kids are back in school and I am going to finish up some projects while I binge watch TV. Then I plan to do some reading/beta stuff and maybe, just maybe, write a little myself. I have a story that's been kicking around in my head for years. I know how it starts, I know how it ends, it's all that pesky middle stuff I don't know. I'm thinking to blow off the dust and see if I can't made some headway with it.

pkbax

It's nap time, right?
Registered
Reaction score

Toxic is a mild description. But you can't make his decision for him. He's going to have to find the strength within himself to cut the ties with her. Unfortunately, such people are very good at what they do and know how to play on what they perceive is your weak spot. For your son, she plays the suicide card.

Prayers and hugs. (Just prayers for her, 'cause she needs them. Both for everyone else.)

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, Bryan. I'm sorry. You know I'd share my shower with you any time.

Glad things are going as well as they are for you. I've been sending positive energy your way. :kiss:

I will be right over! But ... is your shower magical like BF's? Cause ya know I got an offer there too. (I know.... its shocking that I can be picky at a time like this huh) I know, lets both go to BF's and shower there!

Great to see you're above water, Bryan.

I passed my second exam! That's two down. Now I've just got to do the hard one, in November.

WOO HOO! Congrats on the exam Alby! We are treading water (more or less) thinking about moving the generator so it is a bit quieter in the family room.

I think I worked out how to fix my end-of-MS stall. I think the chapter's in the wrong MC's POV. I really want to go home to try writing it from the other perspective, but alas ... eyeballs.

WOOT! That's exciting Hopefully you will retain the information for at home.

Good morning. Sounds like I've missed a lot. Just breezing through to say Hi.

Myrealana! Hope your day goes well.

Still no power. Second day off 90 F (around 30 C) with climbing humidity. It is entirely possible that I will melt today. Mom suggested we call Clay electric to see if we could speed up power back to us because electricity is needed to run her bed. I laughed, because, well this is Florida. God's waiting room in the U.S. Still it's worth a shot.

And called the Dr office that we have been referred to by our Ortho. And they are trying to say that we can not see the referred to doctor till Oct 24 because until then she is "supposed to be seen by her surgeon". I told the woman DUH!, we have been REFERRED to this doctor by the surgeon. I asked the woman if I needed to have Dr Lincoln's office call and make the appointment for me. She's checking with his nurse now.

ARGH

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Bryan! :kiss: Sounds like you're dealing with a lot right now. Big hugs. Wish I could help. Hopefully you'll get everything worked out soon, and have access to electricity and water soon.

PK--thanks for the words of wisdom!

Hey, Myrea. Good to see you!

I have nothing to complain about at the moment so it leaves me with not much to write.haha Good news is that a got a bunch of yarn on sale today and am going to start in Christmas presents. I'm going to crochet you all ugly Christmas sweater vests! Aren't you thrilled?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

An ugly sweater vest? Sign me up! The worst thing about having Christmas in the summer is not being able to wear ugly Christmas sweaters! Instead, I have a dumb Christmas t-shirt. :)