Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Coming right up!

Well, except the Dr Pepper. We don't serve that stuff here, because gross. And with vanilla?! What kind of monster are ​you? Here, have a Coke.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Goodnight, Al!

Coke is so gross.

*waits for tomatoes to hit*

I don't drink Doctor Pepper anymore but I admit I used to love it. And with vanilla is awesome.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
How’s the new shiny?

Progressing. Well, tiny bit of writing progress ... decent amount of plot figuring-out progress.

But I'm currently spending my time with (another) beta read. :) Hopefully I can get back to new shiny properly next week.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds busy but fun.

I’ve been slowly getting stuff written. And I mean slooooooowly. I have all the parts and pieces, but the assembly is giving me some trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn’t help that I’ve been too tired to focus.

- - - Updated - - -

But! Maybe today is the day.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Sounds busy but fun.

I’ve been slowly getting stuff written. And I mean slooooooowly. I have all the parts and pieces, but the assembly is giving me some trouble.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn’t help that I’ve been too tired to focus.

Hey, slow and steady, right?

And you're all nice and rested today! So ... woot! Speaking of, I'm gonna listen to my body for once. And it's currently saying sleeeeeeeeep.

:hi:

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Perhaps it is the humour of the trench mentality i find myself in? It is hard to talk to people who can't see it, the shock and horror tends to overide the pathos of the humour , and there you have it i shall draw my cards back close to my chest.

GAH! Beanie, I take responsibility here. I can be a very literal thinker, and I missed your Carollian satire. I suspected it, and then 2nd guessed myself (a bad, bad habit). Apologies.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
At least I know what they are now. The first time I had them was in my early twenties. I had a 90 day migraine. The second time I had them I was in my early thirties. And for about 8 weeks, every day at 2 pm I would get a blinding headache. And then January of 2015 to June of 2016, I had headache patterns that started out at twice a week at 12:30 pm, heading in to a migraine. Then it went to three times a week. Then four. In June of 2015, they were happening every day, but now at 11:30am because of daylight savings time. Then the doctors figured out that I had two types of headaches occurring at the same time, and started me on a migraine med. When they got the dose right, and the migraine stopped, I almost wanted to go back off it because instead of having a more or less constant pain that I could somehow ride out, now it was sledge hammers every twenty to thirty minutes. Then they started spacing back out, and by June of 2016, they had all but vanished.

And then we had a storm come through (the barometer is normally pretty stable in San Diego) and I had a cluster, and I freaked. And that was when my neurologist updated my diagnosis from cluster headaches to chronic cluster headaches.

So, I’m a walking barometer.

G’night all! I’m off to call the family!

Yup. The meds are definitely kicking in.

I really sympathize with all of this. I had days and days of migraines in my mid-to-late thirties. It was not a fun time. I'm glad that you found some medication that helps.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, M. No, I don’t think that’s a sheep. I think that’s Bryan after a whipped cream war.

- - - Updated - - -

*starts to salivate*

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, lovelies.

Those headaches sound terrible, Bryan. Sorry.

I had SLEEEEEEEEP!!! Like, 7 hours! I feel like a new woman.

- - - Updated - - -

(Too bad I look exactly the same)

Takes on the roll of AT&T and reaches out and touches Lil :evil You do feel like a new woman! And I dunno, you look pretty hot. So, I, for one, am pretty goiod with you looking exactly the same.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, reppers!

This thread has been all about weird lately, but at least that's keeping things interesting.

I had a meeting at the bank to look into getting a home mortgage. Because I'm a seasonal employee, they typically want to see at least two years of employment. I've only been at my current job for a little over a year. However, there's still a chance they'll approve me if they feel I make enough, which I do. If they don't, oh well. I'll wait until next year and just save up more money.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
I had a meeting at the bank to look into getting a home mortgage. Because I'm a seasonal employee, they typically want to see at least two years of employment. I've only been at my current job for a little over a year. However, there's still a chance they'll approve me if they feel I make enough, which I do. If they don't, oh well. I'll wait until next year and just save up more money.

Oh, awesome, LadyV. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

My thought exactly. Either way, you win, LadyV.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Yay for sleep, Lil!

Good luck with the home loan app, V!

Morning all. Not sure what's happening today as I'm currently the only one out of bed. LOL I should take the opportunity to get some writing done. I'm falling further and further behind in the countdown to 2018 flash fiction challenge. Might have to do some really short stuff to get caught up.