Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's something I need to work out for myself, I think. What I really need to do is stop and consider what his parents think about him. I've just realized that while they both love him very much, his father tends to underestimate him in some ways. It's the 2MC's mother that is giving me fits. I kind of want her to fuss all over him and stuff, but I'm still not sure what her impression of the 2MC is. Plus, she's going to be upset when she gets told he wants to be called Alex instead of Xander for reasons.

So, yeah. Something to think about when I'm on the treadmill in a bit. :)

I usually do let my MCs decide how they're going to react to things. I just have a bit of trouble with making well-rounded secondary characters.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I woke up this morning convinced it was saturday, so I rolled over and went back to sleep for an hour. Imagine my surprise when I wandered out at 9:15am and realized... shit I gotta work today.

*ugh*. Not the way I wanted to start my morning. But hey, I did get a good night’s sleep!

And the foul mood has lingered from yesterday. But not quite as intense.

So glad I missed the ear worms!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Oh man, I would hate to start my day like that! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep, though.

Hope the bad mood dissipates over the course of the day, Bry. It's no fun to have your cranky pants on.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Bryan! Glad you got good sleep, though.

I was in a foul mood this morning, too. So fucking angry at the world. But it had dissipated by early afternoon, thank goodness. I’m you’re doing a little better, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Jay, we both used “dissipate”. Lol Funny

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
It sucks to be angry at the world. I hate when I get in those kind of moods.

I slept in until 8:30 this morning. Normally I'm awake well before 8, even though I don't get up until 8. I always feel like I've lost half the day when I sleep late.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, Bryan! Glad you got good sleep, though.

I was in a foul mood this morning, too. So fucking angry at the world. But it had dissipated by early afternoon, thank goodness. I’m you’re doing a little better, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Jay, we both used “dissipate”. Lol Funny

:D Dissipate must be the word of the day!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I usually wake up between 6 and 6:30. But you know my sleep has been messed up for a while. I keep telling myself I'll sleep in but it never quite happens. As long as I'm not waking up at 3:30 anymore, I'm good.

I don't like being angry, I really don't. I had a good cry this morning, listened to a lot of loud, angry music, and afterward, I felt tons better. It helps to have great friends like you guys to help make those tough days better.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The mood has dissipated some. I think it’s mostly that I haven’t really been out in like 2 weeks. So, I think I shall go out tomorrow evening. Not sure what I’m gonna do yet. But something :)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I usually wake up between 6 and 6:30. But you know my sleep has been messed up for a while. I keep telling myself I'll sleep in but it never quite happens. As long as I'm not waking up at 3:30 anymore, I'm good.

I don't like being angry, I really don't. I had a good cry this morning, listened to a lot of loud, angry music, and afterward, I felt tons better. It helps to have great friends like you guys to help make those tough days better.

Yes, not waking up at 3:30 is a total win!

I'm glad you were able to do stuff that made you feel better. :) I agree that good friends help when you're having a tough time.

The mood has dissipated some. I think it’s mostly that I haven’t really been out in like 2 weeks. So, I think I shall go out tomorrow evening. Not sure what I’m gonna do yet. But something :)

It's good to identify why you're in the bad mood... and then do something about it! I hope you have fun, whatever you end up doing!

Treadmilling has been done and I think I have a handle on the queen now and how she's going to respond to Alex's return. :)

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Have either of you got a spot on your dance card , if so, i'm in.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Well, you succeeded, because I laughed. :)

Also, I don't know what just happened a minute ago. I was trying to type a response and somehow closed the whole browser and all the tabs I had open! Stupid fingers.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
Ok you an me lil lets trip the light fantastic, Bryan you dissapoint me your the second bloke in two weeks to knock back my dance invite.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Let’s dance!

But I can’t now, I have to go chauffeur for a while and then it’ll be late and I’ll have to go to bed. But I’ll see you all tomorrow.

Goodnight, guys! :kiss:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I did words! Lots of words! :hooray: (although not quite as many as you've been getting in a day, Lil)

I have only one and a half scenes left to do before I can start all over and do edits!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Lil! :hi:

I'm pretty chuffed, even though it's less than 3K. And I keep adding little bits, even though I've got a bit of a headache and really want to stop. Dialogue keeps coming into my head and I have to write it down.

How are you doing?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
3K is awesome! And if you’ve dialogue flowing, there’ll be more!! Woohoo!

I’m okay. It’s 7 am on a Saturday, dark outside still, kids are all asleep....I’m trying to decide if I want to get out of bed or not.

Meh. I think not. Posting from my phone is kind of hard but the autocorrect is entertaining enough I keep doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

And it’s worth being able to stay in bed.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Staying in bed when it's still dark out sounds like a capital idea. If you don't have to get up, why would you get up that early? Definitely worth it to stay cozy in bed.

I think I'm stopped for today. I don't usually get much writing done in the evening but for some reason, the scene just started flowing after dinner, so I went with it.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to get it down when it starts flowing like that, for sure. I worry I’ll lose the details of the scene otherwise. Even if I just make a list of key points, getting down at least something ensures I don’t lose the scene forever.

You’re doing Syssifus again this year, right? Do you think I should try it again? I wasn’t very confident in my story last year. I don’t think the receiver liked it too much. I want to try again, and yet I’m not sure I can take the pressure, especially since words have been so hard to come by this year.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, it's important to get the words down when they're flowing. If it's coming slowly I'll often just make notes and come back to it, but when it's flowing like it was, gotta get those words down - even though I know I'm going to have to fix a bunch of stuff in what I wrote tonight, at least I've got teh bones down.

Yes, I'm going to do sisyfus again this year. I think you wrote a fantastic story last year and if the recipient didn't like it that much, she's nuts. You don't need to decide right now. See how you go over the next month or so with your writing. The good thing about sisyfus is that there's no minimum word limit.