Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I have for some reason been followed by two fairly well-known Australian political bloggers, though, which was not exactly the audience I expected. Now I feel I have to sound all serious.

Clearly, they hang out on AW. :) This is what happens when you chatter about Mr. Potato Head and co.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly, they hang out on AW. :) This is what happens when you chatter about Mr. Potato Head and co.
Heh. I've followed both Helix and McCardey (I've been a very productive Twitter stalker Well, added names I recognised from the AW Twitter list), but they haven't followed me back. I don't know why these other bigwigs are following me!

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I am your pancreas!

Well not literally. That would be odd.

Well okay then!

It may be that your account has a few flags at least I typically see with spammers or people who just post ads or blog posts related to their topic of interest, in your case, health. I was actually confused when I first saw you, because it set off those flags for me (semi-generic twitter name, @name, and no picture/medical picture), but your content didn't match (like I said, they only post blog posts or links/retweets). That may be why you're not getting as much response from people. Try putting your twitter link in your signature and get yourself onto a few of the AW twitter lists if you haven't already (posting on the AW twitter thread will help there)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Well okay then!

It may be that your account has a few flags at least I typically see with spammers or people who just post ads or blog posts related to their topic of interest, in your case, health. I was actually confused when I first saw you, because it set off those flags for me (semi-generic twitter name, @name, and no picture/medical picture), but your content didn't match (like I said, they only post blog posts or links/retweets). That may be why you're not getting as much response from people. Try putting your twitter link in your signature and get yourself onto a few of the AW twitter lists if you haven't already (posting on the AW twitter thread will help there)
Interesting. Maybe I should change the avatar (though I'm not really comfortable having an identifiable pic out there publicly for all to see ...)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
I think people don't always realize someone new has followed them (even if they get an alert). I didn't even think to check to see who you were, Al. Once I did (just now), I followed back. But it takes time.

Also, it would help if I had something interesting to post about. But I don't. I lead such a boring life. Well, the parts I'm willing to share are boring. Hahaha

- - - Updated - - -

That's way more people than I've got (though it has jumped by 3 in the last 10 minutes, lol).
One was me. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You may not recognize me...I go by the name Lillian Blaire on Twitter. Pretty tricky, I know.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
SPORTS!! Let's talk Aussie football!

LOL. Thanks, Lil. But no thanks. My team keeps snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I'm pretending AFL doesn't exist. (At least until next weekend, when my Supporter's-Optimism will inevitably take over temporarily. Until we lose again. Sigh).

I should be using this time to write, but you people are very distracting, even with your Twittish chatter.

- - - Updated - - -

One of us ... one of us ... one of us ...

(Two weeks ago I was saying I'd never be involved in social media, and now I'm trying to get BF addicted as well, lol.)

And yet, she resisted.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha! I found Lil, and Alby and Maggie! I'm twitter stalking all of you now! :roll: I'm woofrunner :)

C'mon BF! It's all the rage! You too can have a twitter account that you ignore as much as possible. Hell, I have 3!

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I'll inevitably get there eventually.

Meanwhile, my writing brain decided to kick in at 2:00am tonight. Sigh. I just banged out 500 words I'm really happy with, but I have to get up for work in a few hours, so I have to call it quits.

'Night, all. :hi:

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Ha! I found Lil, and Alby and Maggie! I'm twitter stalking all of you now! :roll: I'm woofrunner :)

C'mon BF! It's all the rage! You too can have a twitter account that you ignore as much as possible. Hell, I have 3!

What, Bryan T is BryanT? I would never have guessed! :roll:

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll inevitably get there eventually.

Meanwhile, my writing brain decided to kick in at 2:00am tonight. Sigh. I just banged out 500 words I'm really happy with, but I have to get up for work in a few hours, so I have to call it quits.

'Night, all. :hi:

G'night BF! I hope you get enough sleep to make tomorrow a decent day! :hi:
:Hug2: