Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Not really, I barely use it. I do have an anonymous account, but I haven't posted anything in years.
I don't post much either. I get on, read the stuff about that big orange buffoon who thinks he can run a country, swear loudly, and have to shut it off.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, and with all that scientificy stuff, I'm leaving to go to bed. Have fun, you guys! I'll chat with you tomorrow.

P.S. BF--when you see this, I sent you pics via email. :kiss:

Goodnight, all!

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Back for a moment. God, I totally jinxed myself. Went from "big island of nothing in the middle of the day" to "crap, that's a really full diary". Bloody walk-ins!

I'll check my email now, Lil! Sleep well. :e2kissy:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
G'night Lil! I hope you sleep well!

- - - Updated - - -

Dang those walk-ins! Don't they know they should make an appointment?

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
This week it's all people walking by who have health insurance extras that expire on the financial year (95% of funds are calendar year, but a handful are end of June). Usually you have to book an appt in advance, but it's reasonably quiet this week coz school hols start and the weather's finally gone cold. But yeah. There were 5 people booked in when I arrived this morning. We're now up to 15. Sigh.

Good for business at least.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Those people who have their extras due to expire in two days are really not forward planners if they just realized NOW that they need to use it or lose it.

Do/did school holidays start this week? I've lost track, now that I don't work and don't have kids in school. *G*

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Forward planners? Ha! Yesterday, I had a 20-something walk in (never been here before) wanting some contacts for a weekend wedding. She's a -12.50 with high astigmatism. Needs fitting, teaching, ordering, aftercare to check health and fit. Told her there's no bloody way known. None. She got all annoyed that we didn't keep them in stock and wouldn't hand them over on her word that she could use them. She huffed away to try someone else in the area. I'm like, dude! Have you seen your script?! If you were a bloody -2.00 we'd be pushing it. Even the contact lens companies don't keep those super-high disposable scripts stocked in the warehouse because they'd expire before they were ever needed.

It's not like this wedding was sprung on her. If you're that disorganized, my sympathy levels = 0%

/rant

Some schools break this week and some next week (which makes knowing the speed limits really hard, coz it drops to 40kph for a few hours in the morning and afternoon during term). I only know because 1) the niece and 2) the age demographics of my patients suddenly gets a lot younger!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
What a silly girl.

Yeah, she knew about the wedding for a long time - long enough to organize the contacts thing. I wouldn't have any sympathy for her either. I bet she walks around the wedding unable to see if she can't find anyone to supply her with the contacts she wants.

Ah, I see. LOL Yeah, that'd be very telling if all of a sudden you're seeing kids rather than seniors.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Night, Bryan. :hi:

Grr. Just what I needed. A walk-in between patients. Just pulled out a stack of eyelashes (ftr, my new tweezers still haven't arrived. I spoke to the rep. He said he'd hand-deliver them. That was over a week ago. Sigh).

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Cause you weren't busy enough, eh?

So, when's he hand-delivering them - Christmas?

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
At this rate, that sounds about right. Except the company'll probably be shut over Xmas, so ... Feb 2018 maybe?

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Heh. BF, people who need contact lenses the night before their weddings sound like the opto equivalent of people who come to the GP for to ask about travel vaccines the day before they leave for West Africa.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
(Yes, you need them, no, you don't have enough time to get them, and FFS, just don't pat any rabid-looking animals while you're over there, M'kay?)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
(And did you really need to spend your gap year volunteering at a refuge for syphilitic, Ebola-afflicted bats???)

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:e2thud:

I'm home. I'm skoling sipping a glass of wine. I'm sitting down for five minutes before I have stand to make dinner.

Oh, and ... I FINALLY GOT A TON IN CRICKET CRICKET!!! I've discovered it's slightly easier with a mouse than tapping the laptop pad.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go on the ton, BF!

Man, I can't imagine trying to score by tapping a laptop pad.

I just watched a program on the last day of the dinosaurs. (on youtube but put out by the Discovery Channel) Very interesting.