Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I am! Thanks. ;) Been lazy myself, puttering around deciding important things like which side of the couch to sit on.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes I am! Thanks. ;) Been lazy myself, puttering around deciding important things like which side of the couch to sit on.

Those kinds of decisions are of vital importance. After all, there is one perfect place to sit, and you have to consider all angles when picking your spot.

At least you can move if you don’t like the location you choose :roll:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
BF! BF! You're asleep, I assume, but when you wake up...THIS IS POST 33,333!

eta: I just looked at the clock and you probably aren't asleep. But anyway...:)

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Congrats on post 33,333, Lil!

In other exciting news... I found my ribbon! :hooray: I'd bought ribbon to dress up the jars of marmalade I want to give away for Christmas, and then when I went to get it, I couldn't find anywhere! I practically tore my bedroom apart as well as the area around my desk. I even looked in my baking supplies cupboard on the off chance I'd put it there (that's where the jars of marmalade are currently residing). So this morning, I thought, I'll just have a look in these bags of yarn under my desk upstairs, and there it was, sitting in the bag of leftover yarn from when I was making scarves and shawls! I'm so happy I found it. I hate losing stuff. (no hope for the cup of butter I somehow lost, though)

Today I think I'm going to the mall with Mr C for a bit, but then I'm hoping to come home and do some work on my story. I think I also better tidy up the mess I made upstairs too. LOL

Hope everyone is doing well!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Yay for finding your ribbon! I hate losing things, too.

Sounds like a fun day, for sure. I’m just looking over what I wrote yesterday and trying to make sense of it, then need to get some NaNo words done. Exciting, for sure.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Well, as long as I don’t think too hard about how crappy they are, I can keep going. If I stop to edit too much or analyze, I’m doomed.

- - - Updated - - -

But thanks!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
No editing or analyzing until you've got the first draft done!

I'm going to have to do major editing and 'polishing' when I start through my story for the second go-through. But I'm not thinking about that right now. Today, I'm going to have a bridge collapse under my second MC. :evil And I should add that my second MC is the one who had his finger cut off, and it's now infected, so he's sort of one-handed at the moment.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
BF! BF! You're asleep, I assume, but when you wake up...THIS IS POST 33,333!

eta: I just looked at the clock and you probably aren't asleep. But anyway...:)

:e2woo:

You wrote that at 8:15am. I've been severely sleep-deprived this week and have nowhere to be on my lazy Sunday. You'd better bloody believe I was asleep! lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you're a word machine​, Lil!

- - - Updated - - -

Well done finding your ribbon, Jay. :)

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hellish.

- - - Updated - - -

Work's been nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

BUSY. Lots of emergencies. Lots of crap to follow-up from while we were away.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. BF's off to Brisbane this afternoon for a week. Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

And we're seriously looking at QLD properties.

eta: I'll be back soon. Need coffee.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I think that might be the worst thing about holidays - the absolute nightmare that work is when you return.

Everybody getting in for their eye check before the end of the year, eh?

- - - Updated - - -

Bummer that Mr BF will be gone for a week.

Wow. You're really thinking of moving to QLD?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, BF!

I'm glad to hear you were asleep. I was, of course, thinking it was Saturday and that you'd be at work. Because despite my intimate knowledge of the time difference, I often forget the day is different, too.

Ugh for busy work week. Double ugh for Mr. BF being gone. Yay for looking at QLD properties!

This time next week I will be on a beach in Florida. :)

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hooray Lil! You do get a cookie! :D

I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm...not. I won a chapter critique and I'm anxiously awaiting to hear back. I just redid the first chapter too, so I'm even more curious...I'm patient... I'll just keep saying that. I would be easier if I got confirmation it was received, ya know? (Been a week, I know, be patient. Easy for you to say *squinty eyes*) :ROFL:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Southy! Oh boy. I'd be very impatient to hear back too! Patience - I haz none.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Everybody getting in for their eye check before the end of the year, eh?

Part that (it always gets busier and busier after Cup Day), and part I've been away for effectively 3 weeks. I have some patients who'll only see me, so I'm always flat-out after I go away. Plus, lots of paperwork (referrals and reports that piled up while I was gone) to write. I've been staying back late to do paperwork, coz there hasn't been any other time during the day. Which leads to:

Wow. You're really thinking of moving to QLD?

Kinda, yep. Mr. BF spent a chunk of yesterday researching areas and looking at properties we could get. We're just trying to mentally separate "holiday experience" from "living there reality." I'm leaning towards a 1-2 year jaunt. Take a break from eyes and concentrate on writing. Get a nice place (house or apartment) right on the beach.

But we're definitely looking at it as a serious option. (Though it wouldn't be for another couple of years. Mr. BF has work-stuff to sort out).

:hi: :kiss:

This time next week I will be on a beach in Florida. :)

:hooray:

I'm patient. I'm patient. I'm...not. I won a chapter critique and I'm anxiously awaiting to hear back. I just redid the first chapter too, so I'm even more curious...I'm patient... I'll just keep saying that. I would be easier if I got confirmation it was received, ya know?

Ha. Firstly -- congrats on winning the critique! Woot!

I'm always torn with getting feedback (like, from betas or whatever). Half of me is super-impatient and just wants to know, already! The other half is terrified and never ever wants to find out what the verdict is.

Southpaw

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ha. Firstly -- congrats on winning the critique! Woot!

I'm always torn with getting feedback (like, from betas or whatever). Half of me is super-impatient and just wants to know, already! The other half is terrified and never ever wants to find out what the verdict is.

Thanks! Yup. This one may have more bite because the critiquer has won awards (gulp).