Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon, reppers!

Work went easily this morning. I got my nap afterwards, though I still feel tired. I'm debating whether I should go pick up a new laptop, because this one has run its course, or just wait until tomorrow and watch TV. To be honest, I'm feeling kind of lazy.

RaiscaraAvalon

Lost In The Realms
Registered
Reaction score
Website
raiscara-avalon.typepad.com
But new laptops are fun! We might need a new one in this house as well, though I'm going to see about getting it fixed rather than just buying a new one - unless getting it fixed is going to cost more than the price of the silly thing!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Our current laptop is going on 8 years old. There's nothing really wrong with it, but it's so slow. I've tried cleaning up space, but it's helped very little. I just don't think it has the processing power anymore to keep up with all the graphics and ads that clutter the internet.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our current laptop is going on 8 years old. There's nothing really wrong with it, but it's so slow. I've tried cleaning up space, but it's helped very little. I just don't think it has the processing power anymore to keep up with all the graphics and ads that clutter the internet.

It's been a while since I did anything with Windows PCs -- I'm assuming that is whayou are both using. -- I switched to a Mac about 10 years ago now, and have never regretted the move.

In general, when a Windows PC gets uber slow, I have found that doing a wipe and reinstall usually makes things pick up quite a bit. I know that there are some things you can do with registry re-builders and stuff to also speed it up.

A Mac just usually needs something like Disk Warrior to run on it and it will speed up. -- 99% of problems with Macs originate with the filesystem and permissions.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all.

Welcome back, Lil! So sorry to hear about your losses. :( Not the sort of news you really want any time, let alone when you've just come back from a celebration.

Final high score on the cricket before I called it quits last night was 139. :D

Today, I am resisting the cricket. I have the morning to myself and I'm going to write, dammit!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I'm impressed. Y\ou have really good eye hand coordination.
Today, I am resisting the cricket. I have the morning to myself and I'm going to write, dammit!

May you have a great day writing. I wrote to -- on everything and anything as long as it wasn't my book! LOL.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Lil what terrible news to come home to, so sorry to hear it.

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! Lovely day today!

Sorry to read about your cousin and family-in-law, Lil. >.> That's tragic.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Words are happening! :hooray:

Taking a break to have some lunch. Did my treadmilling too, since I'm not doing housework stuff today.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

Picturing crickets in uniform trying to run between bases.

Bases? :roll: If there were bases, it'd be called ... baseball. Heh.

Wickets. They run between wickets.

Great score! I cracked 74 before I went to bed. You're right -- it's totally addictive! Last night I ended up writing a paragraph, playing a game, writing another graf, playing another game. I just showed it to Mr. BF, who is now quite distracted from his work! Oops.

Words are happening! :hooray:

Taking a break to have some lunch. Did my treadmilling too, since I'm not doing housework stuff today.

Hooray for all that! Yay for words!

I'm going to try for some words now too. *steals some of Jay's writing-vibe*

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score

Great score! I cracked 74 before I went to bed. You're right -- it's totally addictive! Last night I ended up writing a paragraph, playing a game, writing another graf, playing another game. I just showed it to Mr. BF, who is now quite distracted from his work! Oops.

Oops! *wonders how Mr BF's boss will take 'was playing Google cricket' as a reason for not completing his work this weekend.* *g*

Taking occasional breaks from the writing to play cricket sounds like a grand idea!

You can totally use my writing-vibe. Mr C will be home in half an hour so I don't reckon I'll be using the writing-vibe for a while. :D

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Cheers! *pockets the writing-vibe*

Of course, now I'm all distracted playing cricket cricket again. The fast ball keeps getting me!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hee! It's very distracting, for sure. Yeah, there's a couple of balls there that do me in. The bouncer is a special.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I seem to cope okay with the bouncer. But that fast one. Yoiks!

Right, I should make use of those writing vibes now. Or put on some washing. Or go use my own treadmill.

Will probably keep playing cricket.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Get that writing vibe working for you! :whip:

Two paragraphs and you can play cricket cricket for 10 minutes.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Oooh, that's generous. Okay ... I'll open the doc and get to work. And then I'll do the washing/running, coz both have to happen at some point!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, writing first, cause you can still do laundry and treadmill when your brain is tired, but it's really hard to write with a tired brain.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Laundry, yes. Treadmill ... I always run the risk of falling off if I'm too tired. :D

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Eh, I tend to get more generally "tired". I wouldn't actually fall off, but I occasionally find myself veering offline a little when I'm not quite there. :) Were I ever to actually fall off, at least the treadmill would shut off automatically (for safety).

Run and laundry are both done now (they happened simultaneously in the end). Now for some more wordage.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
It's good that you've got that auto-shut off feature. Just in case. :D

I've been sitting on my butt emailing with my bestie and chatting with Mr C while he watches stupid football. Going to try for more wordage after dinner.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

My day will be mostly lazy. I'm going for a haircut soon. It'll be the first one I've had in months. I really prefer my hair short, but keeping it at a length that allows me to pull it back into a ponytail makes it easier for work. So I'll just get it trimmed a little. I also need to take my car to the car wash. The birds decided to "leave their mark" all over it yesterday.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bases? :roll: If there were bases, it'd be called ... baseball. Heh.
Wickets. They run between wickets.
Ack I'm showing my American-ness. I really did know that. Bases, wickets. Cute men in athletics uniforms :evil: :hooray: That's what its really about right?

It oh. I made sure not to share for that exact reason.

Woo hoo for writing. Hope it goes well!

OMG I think I broke through something last night. I was having a very depressed afternoon because of the (sadly) very consistent feedback I have been getting on some of my writing (mostly, developing the intro hook for my current WIP). Then last night, I went back to my primary writing, and cranked out around 1500 words of a much more descriptive scene, being much closer to my characters.