Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stress is the mind overriding the body’s natural urge to beat the crap out of some idiot who usually needs it.

Unfortunately, I’m usually the idiot my mind is trying to override my bodies natureal urge .... Ya know, because we are much harder on ourselves than anyone else ever could be. And it can be hard when you have done so much, but it just doesn’t feel like it. Or you are are getting accolades and you are going, for what? I haven’t done anything.

MRF it sounds like you have made some huge leaps and bounds. :). And yea. Definitely, making time to do those things that helped get you there is ideal. — I go through cycles too. I have a todo manager (on my phone / ipad and computer). And when I remember to use it, I am both more productive and more focused. It tends to relieve a lot of stress. Then I get in to a great groove and I’m keeping on top of everything and I stop using it.

And Lil. sweetly, you have done a lot already. :) sometimes it just takes a bit of time before your body catches up with you. After all, blenders and straws.

For me, I sit outside at night. It’s my little sanctuary. Being out here lets me de stress and writing my book lets me get sucked into a fantasy world. Anyway, don’t where I was going with this. Maybe its make sure to save a little time just for you :)

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok now for an upbeat post :)

I installed iOS 11 on my iPad and phone. I’m loving it so far. There are a few things that you have to get used to, but they did an outstanding job.

And I got WORDZ! Like several thousand, I think. I need to start keeping track of these things!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finally have a chance to pop in to say hi! Well, I have ten minutes before I have to head off for (another) lunch.

Another lunch? How many lunches do Alien Zebras have?

I've been busy ... eating. So much freaking food. I actually wish our families would be worse cooks, coz then I wouldn't be tempted to eat so much at each meal! But alas.

If the rest of them cook the way you bake, I am definitely living in the wrong country.

I'm going to have to do some serious exercise over the weekend!
You know that sex burns more calories than running :)

You get a nap, and you get a nap ... everyone gets a nap!
Yay for good naps. Does this make you the Sand-alien zebra?

(Except for me, apparently. Coz I can't somnambu-chew)

To do that you need ambien. The only problem is that you won’t remember eating it.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi BF! Sounds like you’re still celebrating hard. Fun!!

Bryan, iOS 11 really is great, isn’t it? The only problem I’m having is since the update, my phone won’t charge. I plugged it in last night at 10 pm. At 7 am, it’s only at 57%. I’ve checked the cords, cleared background apps...not sure what is going on. Maybe my battery is old and dying (I have the 7 Plus) and I just need to breakdown and buy the iPhone X when it comes out. Yeah, I think this is a sign.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! Happy Fall, ya’ll (as they say here in the South).

Finally, maybe I can wear a sweater.

AND BOOOOOTS!!!

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
So first day of fall/spring, that was today, right? It's been cool and rainy/drizzly in only the way New England can be. I had a sweater on while I was out--well, actually two. They keep the room at the country club we're using as a sanctuary frigging cold to keep everyone awake during services.

So, Lil, I made that dessert you kindly provided the recipe for, but I made a few substitutions. Since I'm not sure whether I can eat oats, I left those out. I used white and brown rice flour. For the oats I swapped in rice n' shine--not a good idea. I threw in some milled flax seeds for texture; that worked well. I couldn't find my rice syrup so I used cane sugar and left the blueberries damp. I'm scared of brown sugar because do I know whether it triggers IBS symptoms--not a clue. So I used dehydrated cane sugar. And I couldn't find the cinnamon so I used allspice instead. I am having trouble not eating more than 1 serving of the result. It's a little crunchy (that's the rice n' shine) but extremely yummy.

On behalf of my taste buds and tummy, thank you!

I decided to share with you that I have decided to do NaNoWriMo this year. Now I am so anxious that I could cry. But I'm gonna do it. I have a plan.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe, especially with the substitutions.

I did NaNoWriMo last year and haven’t written a thing since, it completely burned me out. So I admire anyone doing it. Good luck this year. I think Im going to pass...maybe. I don’t know.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
First day of Autumn here feels like summer. I'm really over this heat. I'm with Lil. I want to wear boots and sweaters!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I’m going to Utah this year over Christmas and I’m going to get to wear a coat. I haven’t needed a coat in almost 20 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m planning to buy one—something very cute and stylish.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I'd offer some of the multiple coats I own, but I doubt we're the same size.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
I'd offer some of the multiple coats I own, but I doubt we're the same size.

Yeah, I’m quite short and chubby. But thanks for the offer. :kiss:

I was going to ask: how do you use multiquote, but my first guess worked, so...

My favoritest coat ever was a red corduroy button down (or up) coat with a ruffle at the bottom. It came from Anthropologie. And it wasn't mine. It belonged to a Fidelty VP of something who was a Taekwondo friend until she tore her ACL. It was an awesome coat. I've been looking for one like it ever since.

Did anyone around here watch the TV show Once Upon a Time? I'm currently watching season 4 on Netflix.

I was OK until they show the back story of The Author and he says, "I haven't gotten a fountain pen since my bar mitzvah." Now, he seems to me to be a rather weasely character. I understand the joke--it comes from a joke about bar mitvah speeches, in which they all begin with "Today, I am a fountain pen..."

I just wouldn't have gone there. It seems to walk the edge of ...something.

My question for you: Am I being overly sensitive? Or am I being insensitive? Are there other juxtapositions of ethnic tropes that I am missing?

They've done some good stuff around gender roles, so I was surprised to see that bit of writing.

Thoughts, anyone?

About NaNoWriMo: One of my kids has done it 3 times (I think) and done a NaNoWri camp event as well. This is the one who wants to minor in English and creative writing while majoring in biomedical engineering.

I'm not exactly planning on writing a novel. It is more a collection of vignettes around a related theme that start out based in reality but then morph into (morbid) fantasy. And the event is just a way to get my rear in gear so I can get the thing done.

Well, here's to the weekend!

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
My oldest was in biomedical engineering as well, and writes on a forum (an ongoing, never-ending story) in his spare time.

I say was...he’s a computer engineering major now. After taking a year off to “find himself”. Cue eye roll.

But that’s a story I don’t want to get into.

I don’t watch that show, sorry. I just finished Harlots on Hulu. I really liked it.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi BF! Sounds like you’re still celebrating hard. Fun!!

Bryan, iOS 11 really is great, isn’t it? The only problem I’m having is since the update, my phone won’t charge. I plugged it in last night at 10 pm. At 7 am, it’s only at 57%. I’ve checked the cords, cleared background apps...not sure what is going on. Maybe my battery is old and dying (I have the 7 Plus) and I just need to breakdown and buy the iPhone X when it comes out. Yeah, I think this is a sign.

Far be it for me to stand in the way of buying the iPhone X, However, for the first 24 to 48 hours after the upgrade, your phone may consume more battery than normal (hence the long time for charging) — It could also be the cord has gone bad.

The only thing I noticed tonight is that the home button on my iPad is being weird.

After rebooting it is working correctly again :)

Last edited:

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
First day of Autumn here feels like summer. I'm really over this heat. I'm with Lil. I want to wear boots and sweaters!

True. You can always put clothes on... but you can only take so many off.

I’m planning to buy one—something very cute and stylish.

Hmmmm. This is my shocked face. :Jaw: It’s you dear. Everything you do is cute and stylish. :LilLove:

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was going to ask: how do you use multiquote, but my first guess worked, so...

I replay with quote, then copy and paste in to the next one. Is there an easier way?

Did anyone around here watch the TV show Once Upon a Time? I'm currently watching season 4 on Netflix.

I watch it. It’s interesting how they weave things around.

I was OK until they show the back story of The Author and he says, "I haven't gotten a fountain pen since my bar mitzvah." Now, he seems to me to be a rather weasely character. I understand the joke--it comes from a joke about bar mitvah speeches, in which they all begin with "Today, I am a fountain pen..."

I just wouldn't have gone there. It seems to walk the edge of ...something.

So I totally missed that, but to be fair, I believe that season of OOaT I was in the middle of a cluster headache episode, so I don’t remember much.

My question for you: Am I being overly sensitive? Or am I being insensitive? Are there other juxtapositions of ethnic tropes that I am missing?

They've done some good stuff around gender roles, so I was surprised to see that bit of writing.

Thoughts, anyone?

Honestly, I never really gave it any thought. Though I have enjoyed much of the show. To me, I think the entire author story arc is a bit weak.

I had to look up the reference you mentioned. I’m not sure how many people watching would have caught that.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh, I love power tools! And food. And clothes and shoes, and household items. Decorative items. Craft supplies, art supplies...yeah, I like it all.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
*bounces into the thread* :e2bouncey G'day, all. Miss me? :) I was off spending 3 fun-filled days in hospital. Wheee! (yeah, okay, not so much fun) Much better now.

Happy New Year, MRF!

With regards to your sensitivity question. I think it varies. It may have struck other Jewish people the wrong way, but I think it wouldn't to anyone not Jewish. I'd just think that a fountain pen was a regular gift for someone having their bar mitzvah. :)

Bry, to do multiple quotes - see that little conversation thing with quote marks and a plus sign beside it? Click on that for all the posts you want to quote, then click on 'Reply with quote' on the last one. I like to 'Go Advanced' then because you have a bigger screen to work with than the Quick Reply one.

BF, I so want some of those little meringues.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Jay!! *tackle hugs*

I wanna chat but I have a migraine, gaining strength so I’m off to bed. :kiss:

So glad you’re back!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Awww, bugger on the migraine, Lil. :Hug2: Hope you get some good sleep and wake up migraine free.

Thanks!

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhh, I love power tools! And food. And clothes and shoes, and household items. Decorative items. Craft supplies, art supplies...yeah, I like it all.

Oooh I forgot Kitchen stuff. Household items ... depends. Shopping for the dungeon is always fun :evil

*bounces into the thread* :e2bouncey G'day, all. Miss me? :) I was off spending 3 fun-filled days in hospital. Wheee! (yeah, okay, not so much fun) Much better now.

I’m glad you are feeling better. I was wondering where you were - epescially since you didn’t answer the come out call — which works surprisingly well for BF though :roll:

Bry, to do multiple quotes - see that little conversation thing with quote marks and a plus sign beside it? Click on that for all the posts you want to quote, then click on 'Reply with quote' on the last one. I like to 'Go Advanced' then because you have a bigger screen to work with than the Quick Reply one.

COOL! That is so much easier too! Thanks Jaymz!