Santa, the last of the wildmen

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

I have excellent self-injuring skills.

About to head out for dinner, but I'll be back a bit later on. (And/or lurking on my phone if I can't do so semi-politely!)
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

here be all the query exercises

You'd better watch out Jaymz Connelly's Avatar
    Hope your dinner is/was good!

I'm trying to motivate myself to get some words down... but I think that may not happen until tomorrow.

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Good morning, guys.

Sorry about the ankle, BF. I have magical ankle-twisting abilities but usually because I’m wearing tall shoes. I hope you’re feeling better now.

It’s FRIDAY. I have things to do and I’m going to try not to procrastinate. Also, the ex-BFF is stopping by so we can return each other’s stuff. I am not looking forward to seeing her or our awkward, too-polite conversation as she stands on my porch and makes excuses as to why she can’t come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

Hey, Lil!

Ugh. That doesn't sound like fun with the ex-BFF stopping by.

Hi, Jay!

No. I’m not looking forward to it. She’s gotten worse, done some more shit that’s hurt me. I think I may have my son just go to the door. But then again, I don’t want her to think I’m intimidated or that somehow I’m the one with something to be ashamed of. I’ve done nothing wrong so why act like it? This is her problem. She can lie to herself and blame me, but I haven’t changed and I won’t cower in my closet, fearing her wrath. She’ll be super nice anyway. She’s only a bitch behind my back, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to run carpool. See you later, Jay! If I miss you, have a great night!
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz

She sounds like a right cow. Yeah, I think you need to face her and let her know that her petty backstabbing isn't bugging you (even if it is). At least you won't have to see her ever again after this. She sounds quite horrid and you'll be well shot of her.

Drive safe with the carpool!

I'll be in bed by the time you come back, I'm sure.

Hope you have a great day (in spite of bitch-cow sullying up that little bit of it)

Thanks, Jay. She was my BFF for so long it’s hard to imagine her being so horrid, but something changed in her and although she’d like to blame me, I’m still the shallow, lazy, self-consumed friend I’ve always been. It’s a little weird she’d complain about it now.

Actually, she says I never go anywhere or do anything and she’s tired of it. But that’s a lame excuse and also, completely wrong. And when I try to do stuff with her now, she backs out or makes plans to do it with someone else. I won’t apologize for being an introvert. I can’t change that anymore than she can stop being an extrovert.

I just wonder why it’s an issue now, after all these years. Maybe she just finally got fed up. Seriously, it feels, in some ways, like I’m going through another divorce. Ugh.

Hugs for a rough friday Lil.

BF — my family has an amazing talent. We can trip over our own shadows, level ground, and the indented lines in sidewalks. Not to mention cracks in the floor that are otherwise completely even. Hope your ankle gets better quickly!

Hope the words flow Jay!

I’m off to work
    Quote Originally Posted by be frank View Post
    It takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to raise your middle finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by be frank View Post
    Aaaah, coffee... Wine and beer I can live without, but cut me off from my coffee and I'll kill you violently.
    You can also read my poetry on All Poetry

Have fun, Bryan!

Did I tell you about the times I fell in the parking lot and scraped up my face? Yeah, times.

Aaaand my day continued to get worse. Where is everybody? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Morning all!

What happened, Lil?

Meh. Just friend drama.

How are you doing? What are you up to today?

*gives Lil all the hugs*

I'm doing all right. Woke up with a bit of a headache, but it's sort of in the background so I shall plod on. I've got to make something to use the milk that's only just past its use by date (it's still fine) because #2 won't drink that. I'm hoping I'll get some writing done. I'm really feeling the need to get this story completed now. Plus I'd like to get it done before I get into serious Christmas mode.

Did you find your file with all your deleted flashbacks?

Sounds like a busy day.

No, I didn’t even look. Tbh, I haven’t felt much like doing anything today except watching Hulu on the bed, curled up in the fetal position.

Nah, won't be that busy.

Oh, that doesn't sound good.

Decided the milk isn't usable, so, no need to do any baking.

I usually use slightly expired milk for pancakes.

But... does that taste all right? Milk that's ever so slightly off is just... gives stuff a weird flavour. I tried to use some in my bowl of oatmeal this morning. Blech.

Well, have you ever had buttermilk pancakes? I mean, it’s kind of like that. Plus, once you cook it, it’s a lot better than trying to actually drink it or use it straight. Muffins would work too. I think it works fine with cornbread muffins but I’m not sure you guys have those there. It may be a regional thing (I’ve only ever had them in the south).

A long time ago in a different land I had buttermilk pancakes. (aka back when I was a kid) Funnily enough, I was considering making my cornbread into muffin shapes next time I make it for #1 son and me. He really likes cornbread. I got the recipe from my old Fannie Farmer cookbook. (60's era printing)

Mr C has poured the offending milk down the drain. At least it was only a litre. He really needs to make sure he checks the use by date when he buys milk.

I have made the milk mistake too many times to count. Since I don’t drink it, I don’t always remember to check the expiration date when I buy it.

I don't drink milk anymore because we only buy the no-fat kind. If I'm drinking milk, I want MILK dammit! *g* I'm one of those weirdos that always checks expiration dates on EVERYTHING before I buy it.

That’s a very smart way to be and not weird at all.

When I drink milk, I drink almond milk since I can’t have dairy or soy. It’s an acquired taste, but now I prefer it over cows milk. Mostly I just drink water.

I would think it would be very different to regular milk. Can you drink coconut milk too? Yeah, I'm a water girl too. No calories in water. Although I have made this punch with cranberry juice, orange, juice, and pineapple juice that's very tasty. I'm trying not to drink too much of that, though because calories whoa!

Page 390 of 595 FirstFirst ... 140290315340365380384385386387388389390391392393394395396400415440465490 ... LastLast