Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Night, Lil!

*sets timer on the coffee maker so there's a fresh pot of coffee made when Lil gets up tomorrow* :Hug2:

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Erm... Yes!. Duh! Of course! It's right there!

*points to behind the coffee maker*

It was just... hmm.. hidden!

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Most excellent! :greenie Can't take an open cup of coffee in the car with you, particularly when you're the one driving!

SaraP

Registered
Reaction score
Exactly! I hope she likes the You Are Most Awesome design on the cup. :)

You know, cars in Portugal don't really have cup holders - only the most recent models and even then... It's one of the things I like here. Such a silly and mundane thing, but I think it's great.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
They don't have cup holders in their cars? How do they deal with coffee on the run then?

It's interesting that it's usually the little things that make the biggest impressions.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Uh, yeah, that doesn't sound like a good combo at all. *very carefully doesn't ask what it means*

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah ... if you're eating, don't google it. Actually, don't google it anyway. :)

Oh, mother of RNGesus. Why did I Google it? D:

(Dude, this is why I left the medical field... I don't want to see this. Ever. ._.)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I said don't google it, Adelle. Don't.

lol.

:O I don't want any part of my eyes associated with the word 'melted', thank you.

Sensible man. It so happens the patient in this case was a surgeon. 99% of corneal melts from topical anaesthetics are doctors and nurses who treat themselves (painful eye? I'll add another drop. 30 minutes late; that eyeball's a bit painful again ... I'll ad another drop. And another. And another. And then ... melty eyeball. Oops).

Though if you want to enjoy some random face-ripping, I see Fury Road's on Go tonight (again).

Last edited:

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
By all accounts, the problem is they think they do know better.

Right. I've now completed my 50 online CPD questions (I passed - woo hoo!). Deciding whether to write (had an idea during the day) or to read (am tired). Hmm. Either way, it's going to be accompanied by some sort of beverage. Probably something containing chocolate and milk.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Woo hoo! Way to go for passing!

Take some quick notes on your idea and then read would be my suggestion. You've had a brain busy day.

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Sounds like a plan. :) Done.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, do I get to see pics of the pillow?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Good job!

Pic sent. :) I'm back to working on the blanket in between trying to write on my story. If I'm lucky, I'll get the blanket done before it gets too warm to knit on it.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I said don't google it, Adelle. Don't.

lol.

Sensible man. It so happens the patient in this case was a surgeon. 99% of corneal melts from topical anaesthetics are doctors and nurses who treat themselves (painful eye? I'll add another drop. 30 minutes late; that eyeball's a bit painful again ... I'll ad another drop. And another. And another. And then ... melty eyeball. Oops).

Though if you want to enjoy some random face-ripping, I see Fury Road's on Go tonight (again).
Again??? It was only on, what, three weeks ago?

Self treatment is uniformly a bad idea. Believe it or not, they do try to drum that into us.

I've still got a bad cold, so I haven't been very productive this weekend. I did get three loads of laundry done somehow, but didn't get started on my taxes, or anything else I was going to.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Again??? It was only on, what, three weeks ago?

Self treatment is uniformly a bad idea. Believe it or not, they do try to drum that into us.

I've still got a bad cold, so I haven't been very productive this weekend. I did get three loads of laundry done somehow, but didn't get started on my taxes, or anything else I was going to.

I'm amazed you've managed anything with a bad cold. Mind you, I suppose laundry is one of those necessary tasks if you don't want to get arrested for public indecency. *G*