AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 513 of 513 FirstFirst ... 13263413438463488503507508509510511512513
Results 12,801 to 12,823 of 12823

Thread: Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

King of the Kitties Quentin Nokov's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanT View Post
    Squash pie? I assume it’s one of the firmer fleshed squash like butternut? Or is it *shudder* the dreaded yellow squash (one of 3 foods I will never cook)?
    Yup, it's butternut. We don't bother growing pumpkins anymore. Instead we grow the butternut squash; it does better. The one year we planted it where the old pig house use to be (long since collapsed and removed) and the squash went absolutely crazy. The vines were growing up the trees. This year was way to wet and a lot of the plants suffered unfortunately.
    My cousin's only son has been recently hospitalized, and is tentatively scheduled for surgery on 11/21/17 for a brain tumor. The doctors also noted abnormalities on the spine. He's only 1 1/2 years old. Prayers and thoughts for the family are appreciated at this difficult time. If willing, please share Baby Odin's Story with others. Thank you.

Roxanne
    & Murdoch

Suki & Miranda

It's a toque, BF Jaymz Connelly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Nokov View Post
    We'll have pumpkin pies and probably apple, except we have no pumpkin so we'll probably end up making it out of squash. My dad has a solar panel project he's working on and he bought the chest freezer and converted it to a fridge via a thermostat and runs it off of solar. . .well sort of. . .it gets way too cloudy during the winter time here in Western NY and has to put it back on electric. He made a buzzer so that if the solar runs out the buzzer will flick on and let us know the fridge is without power. We used to have a bigger chest freezer but my dad wanted one that was more efficient so we ended up getting a new chest freezer, but it's smaller than are old one so we can't fit nearly as much.

Lillian how old is your kid? I wish we had Florida weather. It was in the 50s today with rain but then it's going to drop down to 32 tonight. Grrrr.
    I always make my pumpkin pie out of butternut squash here. (they actually call butternut squash pumpkin here) That's a very ingenious way to use solar power when possible, but also make sure you know when the solar runs out and you have to switch to mains. Your dad's very clever.

Quote Originally Posted by MRFAndover View Post
    It's very pretty! How nice to live near there. Den Rock Park isn't nearly as scenic, just interesting.
    Thanks! It IS pretty nice there. Interesting is good too, though. I kind of wish our park was a bit more interesting.

Did you say scotch on the rocks, Bry? Yes, thanks, I'll have one of those. *holds out glass* What? It's after noon. I've been a busy little bee this morning, I deserve to kick back with a drink or two.

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin Nokov View Post
    Lillian how old is your kid? I wish we had Florida weather. It was in the 50s today with rain but then it's going to drop down to 32 tonight. Grrrr.
    Well, I have three kids, actually. Ages 21, 15, and 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

Note to self - don't ever work with glittery stuff while sitting at your desk ever again in your whole life.

I think I will have glitter on my chair until June.

Oh god. Glitter's to be avoided at all costs.

Ugh. I've stuffed up my spacebar (don't ask), and now it barely works. GAH! This is very annoyment.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

here be all the query exercises

I will only tolerate glitter from mid-November to 1 January. *g*

Ergh. I hate when my computer plays up. I hope you can get it working again, Effie.

Lol. Ah, Effie. Memories.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Effie?

Glitter is against the law in my world. Okay, it’s just not allowed in my house. My boys’ hair is basically Velcro. I’d have to shave it to get glitter out, and I’m saying this from personal experience.

Also, good morning from sunny Orlando where I wish WISH I’d found the blackout curtain last night, instead of ten minutes ago when the sun woke me up.

Sllllllleeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!!!
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz

Also, BF, you’ll get a kick out of this. I went to the bathroom this morning and didn’t turn on the light (my eyes!!) so I was using the light of my phone. I glanced over to the toilet paper roll and kept blinking because I was seeing double, my hand hovering in the air, trying to decide which image was the correct one. Finally I made a random grab and realized there are actually two toilet paper dispensers on the wall. My vision is just fine. Almost

Lolol! TP fun times!

At least you know where the blackout curtains are for tomorrow. Beats finding 'em in a week, right?

Effie's a Greek-Australian TV/stage comedy character from the -- I want to say late 80s / early 90s. Big hair, lots of catch-phrases.

Morning all. Just a quick hi. I’m up with the husband who is getting ready for work. And then I’m off to bed again.

Quote Originally Posted by be frank View Post
    It takes 42 muscles to frown, but only 4 to raise your middle finger.
    Aaaah, coffee... Wine and beer I can live without, but cut me off from my coffee and I'll kill you violently.
    You can also read my poetry on All Poetry

Good morning everyone
    My cousin's only son has been recently hospitalized, and is tentatively scheduled for surgery on 11/21/17 for a brain tumor. The doctors also noted abnormalities on the spine. He's only 1 1/2 years old. Prayers and thoughts for the family are appreciated at this difficult time. If willing, please share Baby Odin's Story with others. Thank you.

Roxanne
    & Murdoch

Suki & Miranda

Hello from Disney Hollywood Studios, Orlando!!

Good morning, reppers!

I'm nowhere exciting, just the living room. I think I'll get a haircut today. It's grown a little too long for my liking, and I have to get rid of my dry ends.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland

Lefties are always right. Southpaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lillian_Blaire View Post
    Well, I have three kids, actually. Ages 21, 15, and 12.
    That explains a lot.

Note to self - don't ever work with glittery stuff while sitting at your desk ever again in your whole life.

I think I will have glitter on my chair until June.
    Oh, it will be there forever, showing up when you least expect it.

Ugh. I've stuffed up my spacebar (don't ask), and now it barely works. GAH! This is very annoyment.
    This has happen to me too. It's sucks to have areallylingrunonword. LOL
    I write urban fantasy. I refused to believe it's an oversaturated market. (For the record, that's a werehermitcrab.)
    ▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪ Instagram ▪▪

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post

That explains a lot.
    Like why I have gray hair, no patience, and am pretty much crazy? Yep, it’s all their fault.

Yup, I drove my mom nuts as a kid. I think I still drive her nuts and I'm older than your oldest. Ha ha ha!

Roxanne
    & Murdoch

Suki & Miranda

Ah, you’re a young gun. Enjoy it.

The truth is, my kids are hands down THE most awesome kids ever. I tease that they make me crazy or whatever, but honestly, what I did to deserve them, I just don’t know. They’re great.

practical experience, FTW MRFAndover's Avatar

Good later afternoon, peoples!

It's rather windy here today, so colder than expected. But no snow, so it's all good.

I finished the edit of my author's Ch. 8. I haven't heard from him yet, so he's either digesting it or spitting on it.

Does anyone here have any knowledge of physics. Is there a real, not theoretical, substance that can co-exist as a gas, liquid, and solid?

Well my eyes are up to their tricks again, I'm tired, and I have more work to do. So I will see you later. After I play a couple of games.

Lolol! TP fun times!

At least you know where the blackout curtains are for tomorrow. Beats finding 'em in a week, right?

Effie's a Greek-Australian TV/stage comedy character from the -- I want to say late 80s / early 90s. Big hair, lots of catch-phrases.
    Yes, late 80's/early 90's, because I came here in 90 and was just in time for the tail end of Effie and her pals. I reckon Effie is a national treasure. *G*

Morning all.

Southy, yeah, that's what I'm afraid of... and why I said I'd have glitter on my chair until June. I was just reworking some holiday picks that had glittery berries on them and some of the glitter came off the berries. So I didn't actually fling glitter about.
    Last edited by Jaymz Connelly; Today at 04:05 AM. Reason: cause I really do know the difference between pics and picks.

Lefties are always right. Southpaw's Avatar
    I have found glitter up to two years after the glitter incident. I curse glitter.

MFR: I think so, but my brain hurts. Look at this, it may help http://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/...e-triple-point. If nothing else the video is cool.

When getting edits back digesting it or spitting co-exist.
    I write urban fantasy. I refused to believe it's an oversaturated market. (For the record, that's a werehermitcrab.)
    ▪▪ Website ▪▪ Twitter ▪▪ Instagram ▪▪

Glitter is evil. When I worked in retail, I was covered in the crap from August to Easter. No matter how hard you try to get it off of you, it just won't budge.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is taken." - Oscar Wilde

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland

Page 513 of 513 FirstFirst ... 13263413438463488503507508509510511512513