Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Squash pie? I assume it’s one of the firmer fleshed squash like butternut? Or is it *shudder* the dreaded yellow squash (one of 3 foods I will never cook)?

Yup, it's butternut. We don't bother growing pumpkins anymore. Instead we grow the butternut squash; it does better. The one year we planted it where the old pig house use to be (long since collapsed and removed) and the squash went absolutely crazy. The vines were growing up the trees. This year was way to wet and a lot of the plants suffered unfortunately. :(

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
We'll have pumpkin pies and probably apple, except we have no pumpkin so we'll probably end up making it out of squash. My dad has a solar panel project he's working on and he bought the chest freezer and converted it to a fridge via a thermostat and runs it off of solar. . .well sort of. . .it gets way too cloudy during the winter time here in Western NY and has to put it back on electric. He made a buzzer so that if the solar runs out the buzzer will flick on and let us know the fridge is without power. We used to have a bigger chest freezer but my dad wanted one that was more efficient so we ended up getting a new chest freezer, but it's smaller than are old one so we can't fit nearly as much.

Lillian how old is your kid? I wish we had Florida weather. It was in the 50s today with rain but then it's going to drop down to 32 tonight. Grrrr.

I always make my pumpkin pie out of butternut squash here. (they actually call butternut squash pumpkin here) That's a very ingenious way to use solar power when possible, but also make sure you know when the solar runs out and you have to switch to mains. Your dad's very clever.

It's very pretty! How nice to live near there. Den Rock Park isn't nearly as scenic, just interesting.

Thanks! It IS pretty nice there. Interesting is good too, though. I kind of wish our park was a bit more interesting.

Did you say scotch on the rocks, Bry? Yes, thanks, I'll have one of those. *holds out glass* What? It's after noon. I've been a busy little bee this morning, I deserve to kick back with a drink or two.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Note to self - don't ever work with glittery stuff while sitting at your desk ever again in your whole life.

I think I will have glitter on my chair until June.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Oh god. Glitter's to be avoided at all costs.

Ugh. I've stuffed up my spacebar (don't ask), and now it barely works. GAH! This is very annoyment.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I will only tolerate glitter from mid-November to 1 January. *g*

Ergh. I hate when my computer plays up. I hope you can get it working again, Effie.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Effie?

Glitter is against the law in my world. Okay, it’s just not allowed in my house. My boys’ hair is basically Velcro. I’d have to shave it to get glitter out, and I’m saying this from personal experience.

Also, good morning from sunny Orlando where I wish WISH I’d found the blackout curtain last night, instead of ten minutes ago when the sun woke me up.

Sllllllleeeeeeeeeeepppp!!!!!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Also, BF, you’ll get a kick out of this. I went to the bathroom this morning and didn’t turn on the light (my eyes!!) so I was using the light of my phone. I glanced over to the toilet paper roll and kept blinking because I was seeing double, my hand hovering in the air, trying to decide which image was the correct one. Finally I made a random grab and realized there are actually two toilet paper dispensers on the wall. My vision is just fine. Almost

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Lolol! TP fun times!

At least you know where the blackout curtains are for tomorrow. Beats finding 'em in a week, right?

Effie's a Greek-Australian TV/stage comedy character from the -- I want to say late 80s / early 90s. Big hair, lots of catch-phrases.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning all. Just a quick hi. I’m up with the husband who is getting ready for work. And then I’m off to bed again.

:hi:
:e2bear:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

I'm nowhere exciting, just the living room. I think I'll get a haircut today. It's grown a little too long for my liking, and I have to get rid of my dry ends.

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:
Well, I have three kids, actually. Ages 21, 15, and 12. :)

That explains a lot. :ROFL:

Note to self - don't ever work with glittery stuff while sitting at your desk ever again in your whole life.

I think I will have glitter on my chair until June.

Oh, it will be there forever, showing up when you least expect it.

Ugh. I've stuffed up my spacebar (don't ask), and now it barely works. GAH! This is very annoyment.

This has happen to me too. It's sucks to have areallylingrunonword. LOL

Quentin Nokov

King of the Kitties
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, I drove my mom nuts as a kid. I think I still drive her nuts and I'm older than your oldest. Ha ha ha!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, you’re a young gun. Enjoy it.

The truth is, my kids are hands down THE most awesome kids ever. I tease that they make me crazy or whatever, but honestly, what I did to deserve them, I just don’t know. They’re great.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Good later afternoon, peoples!

It's rather windy here today, so colder than expected. But no snow, so it's all good.

I finished the edit of my author's Ch. 8. I haven't heard from him yet, so he's either digesting it or spitting on it.

Does anyone here have any knowledge of physics. Is there a real, not theoretical, substance that can co-exist as a gas, liquid, and solid?

Well my eyes are up to their tricks again, I'm tired, and I have more work to do. So I will see you later. After I play a couple of games. ;)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Lolol! TP fun times!

At least you know where the blackout curtains are for tomorrow. Beats finding 'em in a week, right?

Effie's a Greek-Australian TV/stage comedy character from the -- I want to say late 80s / early 90s. Big hair, lots of catch-phrases.

Yes, late 80's/early 90's, because I came here in 90 and was just in time for the tail end of Effie and her pals. :) I reckon Effie is a national treasure. *G*

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Morning all.

Southy, yeah, that's what I'm afraid of... and why I said I'd have glitter on my chair until June. I was just reworking some holiday picks that had glittery berries on them and some of the glitter came off the berries. So I didn't actually fling glitter about.

Last edited:

Southpaw

The squirrel apocalypse is coming!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Glitter is evil. When I worked in retail, I was covered in the crap from August to Easter. No matter how hard you try to get it off of you, it just won't budge.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Two YEARS after the glitter event?

Also - August to Easter is a LONG time to be covered in glitter.

I've heard glitter referred to as the herpes of the craft world. LOL