Santa, the last of the wildmen

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

You'd better watch out Jaymz Connelly's Avatar
    *staggers in*

Back from the fortnightly grocery shop.

Am I the only one who reads back?

Procrastinator Extraordinaire Lillian_Blaire's Avatar
    Yep!

Good morning, Jay. How's life?

You only go to the grocery store every two weeks? I have been four times this week (and hated every minute of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaymz Connelly View Post
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz
    Tell that to the guy(s) manacled in her basement... - be frank

Morning, Lil!

Well, we do the big shop fortnightly. Mr C has to go for bread and milk during the week, and I usually need to replenish my fresh fruit at least once.

I think grocery shopping is my least favourite kind of shopping.

Mine too and I do it way too much. I buy in bulk so I don't have to shop as often and still, somehow, I manage to run out of stuff all the time. I guess having three big boys who can eat their own weight in food each meal is part of the problem.
    I don't know that anyone could fill Lil's stilettos in her absence. She's very special and unique.
    Lil is just full of of sweetness and love, with a side of raunchy innuendo. That never hurt anyone! - Jaymz

Yeah, having three boys who eat a lot certainly would make the trips to the grocery store more frequent. My boys... don't eat that much.

It helps that I have a chest freezer too.

Ah. That would help me, too.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't eat much meat though...so I don't have much to put in a deep freeze.

A chest freezer is a wonderful thing.

We don't just put meat in it. We also put bread, and frozen veg and fruit, frozen pastry (because I can't make pastry to save my life), ice cream... In fact, most of the meat lives in the freezer above the fridge. *g*

The best thing about the chest freezer is being able to buy several loaves of bread at a time and freeze some so it doesn't go moldy before we can eat it.

That's so smart. I have thought of getting one for a while but never have.

My parents always had one, so it was a priority for me when I got married to get one too. They're very handy, even though mine is only a third of the size of the one my parents had.

My parents had one too, but yeah....fewer kids meant less need. Plus, I moved 12 times in 14 years so I didn't want to lug some big freezer everywhere.

It's hard to lug a chest freezer around with everything else when you have to move a lot.

I should probably add that I have moved twice in the last 25 years. Makes it much easier to have a chest freezer when you're not moving a lot.
    Last edited by Jaymz Connelly; 08-13-2017 at 06:36 AM.

Yes. I hope to never move again. And if I can ever get my garage cleaned out, I might be able to put a freezer in there. Of course, by that time the kids will be grown and hopefully moved out and I won't need it anymore. lol

Okay, reppers. I'm heading to bed.

Have a great day/night/evening/afternoon/life and I'll see you tomorrow/tonight/Christmas/whenever!

I hope you won't have to move again too. Moving is horrible. LOL Unless you set the kids to cleaning out the garage NOW. *G*

I think I'll always need a chest freezer. I like to make food in advance and freeze it for later.

Ah, that's such a good idea. I meant to do that with my week...make stuff and freeze it for next week. But I didn't. My mom said she'd cook!!

Okay, I'm going to bed for reals now. Goodnight, Jay!

Mom cooking beats frozen stuff you made yourself any day of the week!

G'night, Lil! Sleep well.

I'm up to my fifth crappy cup of conference coffee. They showed us graphic eye surgery right before lunch. Mmmm, appetite-suppressing.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

here be all the query exercises

Wow, that was poorly planned. Either that, or they reckon you lot must have cast iron stomachs.

Not as bad as the year they showed the guy who tried to kill himself with a butter knife through the eye (it didn't work), or the case of the guy who got shot through the eye with a harpoon (he survived, his eye didn't). Always right before lunch.

Lectures are starting again.
    The early bird may catch the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

here be all the query exercises

Holy moly! It's like they just try to put you off your food so they don't have to pay so much for lunch.

See you later!

You can't forget those you've loved AW Moderator SaraP's Avatar
    I like grocery shopping.

One of the things I did when I first came to visit my now-hubby, I asked him to take me to a grocery store, where I spent a blissful hour just slowly going through the isles. I found the cereal I used to love and got a box. He still teases me for how long I hugged the thing.
    Lady Sparkles, SparklePony, The SparklePony of DOOOOOM, Sparkles, Sparkles McModderson, The Sparkler, Sparklegee, The Sparkling Portuguee... I think I see a pattern here. Oh, and Horny McPoarny.

We all smile in the same language

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.

That's kind of adorable that you cuddled the box of cereal.

You know how there are people who live to eat, and people who eat to live? I'm one of those people who eats to live. Grocery shopping, preparing meals, eating... it's all a chore.

The other day my son and I were shopping in Walmart, using fake British accents like we do, and just messing around in one of the aisles, saying things we thought sounded decidedly British. The woman stocking the shelves stopped us and told us she loved our accents. And we just kept playing along, as if they were real.

I may have told that story already. It's late and I'm old and it's worth repeating even if I did tell it.

I love to eat and Live to eat.

Or I used to. Doris changed that some. Eating isn't fun anymore.

Page 247 of 595 FirstFirst ... 147172197222237241242243244245246247248249250251252253257272297322347497 ... LastLast