Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Yep. It's going to be painful and will likely take me days to get everything uploaded. :(

That's excellent! Keep doing that. How long is your mum staying with you?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Awww. :Hug2: I guess your boys are just going to have to take over doing all the stuff she's been doing until you're all better, right?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
That's good that they're very good helpers.

The mechanic is here doing the rego checks on both cars. :cry: $$$$

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's all very expensive, right?

My sister sent me the most beautiful lilies. They came in big buds but have opened and are now breathtaking. I wish I could plant them.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dinner has been had. Steaks with Parmesan encrusted Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with brown sugar and cinnamon butter.

Now I'm off to smoke my medicine, before cake! I feel almost human for the first time in about 4 days.

Last edited:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's all very expensive, right?

My sister sent me the most beautiful lilies. They came in big buds but have opened and are now breathtaking. I wish I could plant them.

They sound lovely!

The rego check for both is okay - but there's maintenance issues that need to be dealt with. That's where the expense is. :(

You can have the brussels sprouts, Bry. The rest of it sounds good, though. :)

I haven't done a lick of writing yet. *sigh*

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
So, my mother and I managed to buy a lot more stuff at Costco than originally planned. Then we visited the fancy supermarket where I have my games meetup. We went there for two things and left with a full cart. That's pretty much all our shopping trips.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
So glad you feel human, Bryan! I'm slowly getting there myself.

I helped my kid study for his math(s) exam. He's smart but he tells himself he's dumb and it prevents him from really excelling. And it hurts me to hear him say it. I asked him after we'd worked for about thirty minutes if he felt more confident in his abilities and he said, "Yes, but it killed my soul". I think he takes after me. Drama, drama, drama.

- - - Updated - - -

So, my mother and I managed to buy a lot more stuff at Costco than originally planned. Then we visited the fancy supermarket where I have my games meetup. We went there for two things and left with a full cart. That's pretty much all our shopping trips.

Mine too.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a very fruitful shopping expedition, LadyV. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I helped my kid study for his math(s) exam. He's smart but he tells himself he's dumb and it prevents him from really excelling. And it hurts me to hear him say it. I asked him after we'd worked for about thirty minutes if he felt more confident in his abilities and he said, "Yes, but it killed my soul". I think he takes after me. Drama, drama, drama.

:ROFL:

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I always find it interesting when people tell me I'm really smart. I feel I'm of average intelligence with a good knowledge of trivial facts. I'm too awful at math to be truly smart.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Being awful at maths does not make you not smart. There are many different ways a person can be smart.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I always find it interesting when people tell me I'm really smart. I feel I'm of average intelligence with a good knowledge of trivial facts. I'm too awful at math to be truly smart.

So why does being good at math equate with being 'truly smart'? I know lots of people who are absolutely brilliant who need a calculator to add 2 and 2. And I know lots of people who are good at math but are absolute idiots when it comes to life.

:). Don't sell yourself short. :)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
So why does being good at math equate with being 'truly smart'? I know lots of people who are absolutely brilliant who need a calculator to add 2 and 2. And I know lots of people who are good at math but are absolute idiots when it comes to life.

:). Don't sell yourself short. :)

Agreed. Totally!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
I know, I know. I'm unnecessarily hard on myself for my lack of mathematical comprehension. I just always felt I could have been more successful if only I was better at numbers.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think you really are being too hard on yourself, LadyV. I used to know a girl who was incredibly intelligent, but man, she was dumb as a sack of hammers.

I think it's far more important to have excellent common sense than high intelligence.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think intelligence comes in many forms. I'm not great at maths but I can draw anything you put in front of me with photographic accuracy. I understand space, shape, and dimension. It isn't intelligence as it's usually defined, but I think we all have that--ways in which we are intelligent, capable, talented, or valuable. And common sense can never be appreciated enough.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Well, I think intelligence comes in many forms. I'm not great at maths but I can draw anything you put in front of me with photographic accuracy. I understand space, shape, and dimension. It isn't intelligence as it's usually defined, but I think we all have that--ways in which we are intelligent, capable, talented, or valuable. And common sense can never be appreciated enough.

Absolutely agree. Maths isn't the only way to measure how smart/intelligent a person is.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed the ep., Lil.

I'm searching for the inspiration to write at the moment.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

Good news, everybody! I've had an email to say the package has been shipped! There's half a chance I might actually have this present by my niece's birthday on Wednesday.

:hooray:

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Fingers crossed Australia Post is up to the task. They're such a crap-shoot.

Meanwhile, I've just had something click for the ending of my MS. I actually paused halfway through doing something and said out loud to myself, "Huh." I have to work this through in my head before I put anything to paper. Could be brilliant, could make things harder for me. Hmm.

Have you made any writing progress today? Have you made your characters wet and miserable?

SaraP

You can't forget those you've loved
Registered
Reaction score
Well tonight didn't turn out at all like I was hoping. :e2bummed:

I got no writing done, am worried about an online friend, didn't do the Flash Fiction Challenge, have not managed to completely shake off the blahs and I'm getting way behind on my back-reading because you lot chat too much. :tongue

At least I have choc chip pancakes, so there. :tongue

Last edited: