Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Well done on the wordz J!
Hey BF I just finished book 6!
G'day Cat :hi:
G'night LurkerLil :hi:

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, lovelies! :LilLove:

Seriously Jay, you’re killin’ me right now. Hurry up and post so I can celebrate 10K with you!! I remember when you had like 50. Haha. Wasn’t that long ago either, my friend.

Sorry I missed you, Ajaye.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, reppers!

I've had an enjoyable weekend so far. The 21+ night at the museum was a lot of fun. When I get the chance, I'll post a picture of my costume.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Mornin’ ladies!

LadyV, I’m looking forward to see your pics.

I’m enjoying my lazy Sunday morning binge watching The Mindy Project and working on Halloween costumes.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I’m trying to convince myself to get up and start doing all the things I need to do today....

*takes a nap*

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, all.:hi:

Here it is, my 10,000th post! (ETA my reps are now worth 3 points. :))

Sadly, it's nothing of any consequence. :e2hammer:

Nice costume, V! (looks like a beeterfly to me, MRF!)

I did not get any writing done yesterday. My hands and legs were all achy for some reason, so I retired early. Here's hoping today will be a bit better, although I do have to go out to the grocery store at some point. I need it to warm up a bit out there first, though.

Last edited:

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
I need to go grocery shopping, too. I actually went but the parking lot was packed and I started having the warning signs of an approaching migraine so I turned around and drove home, just in time to take some meds and go to bed before it hit. So I’ve been under a stack of pillows for the last several hours, avoiding noise and light. But I’m feeling okay now. Just a dull throb and blurry vision at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t get very far with the costumes, needless to say.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Bummer about the approaching migraine. It was a smart move to just turn around and go home so you could take the meds and go to bed. I'm glad you're feeling better even though the headache isn't totally gone.

Yeah, making costumes and migraines really don't go well together.

I'm really going to try to get my first draft finished today.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Also, I’m browsing Instagram today and notice a picture of my parents on camels. In CAIRO.

Yeah, I had no idea they were there. No one tells me anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m so happy for you! You’re so close!!

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Wow. That's a hell of a way to find out your parents are holidaying in a foreign location!

Thanks! I'm kind of astounded that I've got this far and that the story is this long. I usually write about 20 - 30K for a story. By the time this one is done, it'll probably be close to 60K. I'm still not sure how I managed that. LOL

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
60K is impressive! Some stories just taken longer to tell, you know?

Believe it or not, I tend to over-write and then have to trim stuff down. I know, I know, it's hard to imagine me rattling on and on about anything, right?

I admit I was a bit shocked to see my parents there. In their defense, my mom may have told me they were going a few months back (when she stayed with me that week)--I do recall something of a conversation about her traveling but I was on a lot of pain killers at the time.

Also, they have spent the last few years traveling the world so maybe she just got tired of texting me where they're going. I mean, they live 2,000 miles away so it's not like we tell each other our daily schedules. Still...usually she sends me an email of their itinerary and emergency contact info. Which she may have done...I haven't checked that email account in about two months. There's more than a thousands emails in there, all of which are ads. Except maybe one or two from her. I should probably dig through it. :Shrug:

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, that's true.

*g* Yeah, my bestie calls herself Ms Verbose cause she takes a lot of words to tell a story too. She keeps saying she's in awe of how I can say so much with so few words.

Ah, that may be what happened. Also... LOL you gave your mother the email address that you use for all the junk mail? That wasn't good thinking, was it? I'm totally impressed that your mother uses email and texting, though. My mother never had a mobile phone and to the best of my knowledge, never ever went on a computer for anything at all.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Well, the email address was, at one point, my mail address. I've had it since 2001, I think. So I didn't do it to avoid her emails. haha Truth be told, I almost never use email these days.

My parents are the exception to the rule when it comes to electronics/phones/computers and old people. Without giving away a ton of identifying information, they spent the majority of last twenty years writing instructional manuals for programming computers (in various programming languages). They have published over 60 books, taught camps to teach computer literacy, etc. They know way more about cell phone/iPods than anyone I know. My dad always has the latest and greatest of everything when it comes to electronics. He loves Alexa almost as much as he loves my mom (Amazon's Echo Dot). I call my parents when I have computer issues. It's a bit backward, I know.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Might be time to update your email address for your parents, eh? :)

Wow, that is so impressive about your parents' computer and tech knowledge! I do love when older people set preconceived notions on their ear like that. :)

(wait, I just had a thought... am I now considered an 'old person'?)

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Nope, you're still young.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh. I could give them my updated email address. But then I'd have to check it and I don't want to. I just tell her she needs to text me if she sends me an email and I'll go look for it.