Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Have fun. I should probably go to bed.

I probably won't, but I should.

Drive safe if you're all blurry, 'kay?

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Go write! Write like the wind! Or whatever it is you're doing with your night. Wine! Wine like the wind! :ROFL: I dunno.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be careful but it's already doing better.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning everyone!

Been busily chatting. The biscuits look great BF! *drool*.

Getting a good kick off in to my day. Busy busy busy.

Hope the eyes start working better Lil. You aren't having any severe headaches right now are you? I know for me, when I have migraines / clusters repetitively, my eyesight gets worse. After a few days headache free, it gets better again.

Have a great day y'all!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Bryan. Nope, no headache today (thank goodness).

Enjoy you're busy day! I'm waiting to get new tires and an alignment....it's taking forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I found cookies and cream M&Ms today at Target. I can't eat them, but I can drool.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, reppers.

I have a cold, and I'm not happy about it. I've decided I'm calling off work tomorrow. It's too hard trying to do my kind of work when you're sick. Plus, I get paid sick time, so why not?

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
LadyV, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Yeah, why not take a day off , especially if you get paid anyway? Feel better soon!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Quiet night is right! Only one post since I was here last night? I hope everyone is just busy. I, of course, am sitting on my butt all day, resting. It feels nice, though.

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
Happy New Year to all and sundry!

BF, those cookies look wonderful. If my stomach gets better, I will have to visit you next year.

Lil_B, I swear we have eerily similar eyes. Although my stress level has been much reduced since moving to my own apartment, and my vision has been steadily improving. A desk and computer glasses have helped a lot too.

And, I'm sneezing today, too. I hope it is not a cold. I don't have time for a cold.

M.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, that makes me sad. It's okay, everyone will return soon and the place will overfloweth.
I hope you're right. :)

MRF--I'm working on reducing my stress level too but it's not going well. But my eyes are okay today so I won't complain. Glad your stress is reduced. That's always a good thing.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone

For me I haven’t really had time to pop in during the day because I have been working ‘balls to the wall’ because monday was my first day back to work after a week. And boy did it start off BAD. First a new weekly mail had an issue (not my fault, thankfully it was an unknown bug in the language interpreter), but that was for one of the VPs. Then a second problem (that I introduced in fixing the first problem on the next day. Then idiots coming out of the woodwork because they didn’t understand how to use the system.

Finally today, I was able to get caught up on email and far outstanding tasks. And I was so tired by the end of the day that I took a nap too.

Now I’m ensconced in my writing area, relaxing and well, avoiding writing. :roll:

MRFAndover

Registered
Reaction score
I hope you're right. :)

MRF--I'm working on reducing my stress level too but it's not going well. But my eyes are okay today so I won't complain. Glad your stress is reduced. That's always a good thing.

Reducing my stress level didn't go well right away. It took a couple of years. The last year was brutal.

My therapist would encourage me with the image of hiking up a mountain. There's usually this part at the top where bedrock juts out. It's climbing at this point, rather than simple hiking. Sometimes you need help to make it that last distance. It's difficult, seriously challenging. But, as my therapist said, the view from the top is magnificent.

I'm not there yet. I still have to somehow get the house sold and have a decent sum of money left over after everything is paid off. I have to get my soon-to-be-ex-husband, who doesn't seem to think beyond himself in a way that I and the kids can understand, to agree to split whatever is left with me 60-40 because in my estimation, I've earned it. I have to get my editing business built back up so that it once again supports me.

I had some fantastic help this past year from the Department of Mental Health. They arranged for me to have a family therapist and parent partner. I learned to say "no" to the twins. I'm still working on that. I learned to stick up for myself.

The parent partner taught me to make lists of what I need to do. That has helped me stay focused. I've fallen out of the habit since I'm not meeting with them once a week any longer. But I think I will set aside to-do list time once a week.

I hope these bits and snatches of my story help.

I'd like to write about it more, but it is difficult. Memoir, I understand, is a very difficult form. But, I think without the help from DMH, I would have fallen off the edge of life. Now, at least I have some hope.

Here's to a year that is better than the one that is ending! Our rabbi introduced us last year to a spiritual practice called Mussar; I might have mentioned this somewhere. You pick a trait to work on in the coming year. I worked on kindness most of last year. And I think I'm going to continue with that this year. I'm good at being kind to others much of the time. Myself? Not so much.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not good at being kind to myself either. Divorce is very stressful and I wouldn’t have made it through without family around and some good counseling. I hope things continue to get better for you.

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
:hi:

I finally have a chance to pop in to say hi! Well, I have ten minutes before I have to head off for (another) lunch.

Quiet night is right! Only one post since I was here last night? I hope everyone is just busy. I, of course, am sitting on my butt all day, resting. It feels nice, though.

I've been busy ... eating. So much freaking food. I actually wish our families would be worse cooks, coz then I wouldn't be tempted to eat so much at each meal! But alas.

I'm going to have to do some serious exercise over the weekend!

I just took the best nap I've had in months. I feel all relaxed and ready to get back to work.

Yay for quality naps! They're the best.

And I was so tired by the end of the day that I took a nap too.

You get a nap, and you get a nap ... everyone gets a nap!

(Except for me, apparently. Coz I can't somnambu-chew)

Hi guys! Good to see you both. Yes, it’s been very quiet, and I’ve been LONELY!

Aw. *hugs Lil*

MRF, your year sounds like a really challenging one. *reallocates some of Lil's hugs* Sounds like you're taking some really positive steps, though. :)

Last edited: