Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Japan's vending machines are the absolute best!

I actually had my first ever coffee from a Japanese vending machine back when I was a teen (I was there on exchange). It was freezing and snowing and I wound up with a hot can of coffee. (With, I'm sure, quite a high sugar content).

I love their wacky soda with the marbles. Oh, and when I was in Shibuya, people were selling all sorts of video game themed clothing and stuff. I tried to take pictures but they all jumped in front of the camera to stop me. They said their displays and designs were trade secret and they didn't want other venders (in other areas of the city) copying them. (It wasn't impressive - to this day I think they were just fucking with me because I was a foreigner) but it made me laugh, so there's that. :p

I think it's perfectly acceptable to have one 'bad' food day every so often. *g*

Yeah, much easier to replace a fridge than it is to replace a couch.

There's a company in my area that rents out appliances (like fridges and washing machines) so whenever it breaks they take it and give you a new one. You pay a monthy fee (it's pretty cheap - I know, because I use it) and you can ask for a newer model of the appliances every year. It's pretty great. :3

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I love their wacky soda with the marbles. Oh, and when I was in Shibuya, people were selling all sorts of video game themed clothing and stuff. I tried to take pictures but they all jumped in front of the camera to stop me. They said their displays and designs were trade secret and they didn't want other venders (in other areas of the city) copying them. (It wasn't impressive - to this day I think they were just fucking with me because I was a foreigner) but it made me laugh, so there's that. :p

And maybe they didn't want you taking pics because what they were selling was copyright infringed and they feared you would inform the company that had the rights to the video games?

There's a company in my area that rents out appliances (like fridges and washing machines) so whenever it breaks they take it and give you a new one. You pay a monthy fee (it's pretty cheap - I know, because I use it) and you can ask for a newer model of the appliances every year. It's pretty great. :3

I couldn't go the renting route. Mr C goes absolutely nuts trying to make sure there isn't ANY sign of whatever is rented being used. I found that out when we had to rent a flat between selling the place we'd been living and buying our new place. I'd kill him if we were to rent an appliance. *g*

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Yeah, we not ones for renting either. Much prefer to buy outright. :)

FTR, words written today: Zero.

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
I got 2,022 words (and counting). I need to finish this chapter and then complete a short story before July 1. >.>

Deadlines are great motivators.

(And owning is fine too, I just like getting new appliances every year, basically. :p)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go, Adelle! That's great! Deadlines can definitely be good motivators.

Adelle

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, thanks. Some days are better than others. >.>

(Sometimes I write a lot, but it's all terrible. Twice as long to edit. Sometimes it's great! But then it's less than 200 words, lol)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that I'm pretty much writing utter rubbish that's going to need some serious revising before I'd be willing to let any other eyes look at it.

- - - Updated - - -

It does make it more of a challenge, yes. Just can't quite find the will today.

Yet.

Well, the day is still young - for you. You might get super-inspired after dinner!

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
I have a date with the footy after dinner. Mr. BF isn't invited. :D (My team's playing tonight).

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
He knows his place in the pecking order.

I'm actually abandoning him tonight completely -- I'm going over to my parents' to watch the match with a friend of Mum's who's visiting from Perth. :)

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
He'll be working upstairs anyway, so it will honestly make no difference to his evening whether I'm home or not. :) (Though he'll probably appreciate not having to deal with my stress and yelling if we're playing poorly!)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Ah, I see. Yeah, I'm sure he'd appreciate not having that distraction. :D

Just saw the forecast low for here tonight. FOUR freaking degrees. :(

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, most definitely hurrah for heating!

Dinner has been had... now to decide what to do with my evening.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
So what did you decide Jay, are you watching the footy? :roll:

(hope you're getting wordz done)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
So what did you decide Jay, are you watching the footy? :roll:

(hope you're getting wordz done)

:ROFL: You're funny, Ajaye.

Did a few words - got distracted by the cricket in the Google doodle when you open a new tab in Chrome. Highest score so far is 81.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL: You're funny, Ajaye.

Did a few words - got distracted by the cricket in the Google doodle when you open a new tab in Chrome. Highest score so far is 81.

That's a very decent score there Jay, you could play for Australia. I can't get more than 6.