Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And now that I am watching the baking shows, it looks like you are using some icing that begins with a p (the name just went out of my head) Very nicely decorated. I’m suitably impressed. I keep promising myself that I will do some baking and really have some fun with decorating ... but the cookies never last long enough for me to do that!

Work is being annoying. Nothing quite like trouble shooting redirects for a 1000 page website. *sigh*. But the good news is there are only like 60 problems. So that’s a plus at least.

Back to work now.

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
I'll eat the cookies. All the cookies. Sweeter the better. :) They look great Lil, and lots of fun to make. And the rugs are gorgeous! Love the ones in the red-pink tones. Sorry the one for your folks has gone arse-up, could you turn it into a half rug or something?

Hi all! :hi:

ajaye

partial to a gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Bryan, keep doing whatever you're doing that's keeping those bloody headaches away!

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Ajaye! :kiss:

*sends all the cookies to Aus*

They’re blankets, not rugs, but thanks! Not sure the one for my parents is at all salvageable. I’m just going to start over.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Eventually, my mom and I are going to make gingerbread men. I'll post of picture if they come out nice.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's probably just those mad Victorians that call them rugs. ( :e2tongue: at ajaye) (actually, I think 'rug' would refer to something that's a bit smaller than the blankets Lil's been making. A rug is something you throw over your knees to stay warm in winter, or use when you're having a snooze on the couch)

Morning all.

Yay for a second day of no headache, Bry! Hope it continues for a very long time!

Mmm mmm, cookies and blankets! Nothing better on a cold winter morning... however, we're expecting temps in the 30's (that's celcius for anyone who wants to be pedantic) for the next week, no blankets required. And my sister sent me pics of the 4 inches of snow they got overnight. :roll: (I'm mean, I know)

I FINALLY finished mucking about with my story and sent it off to be read by fresh eyes. Today will be catching up with the Countdown prompts and beta reading while we wait for the guy to come and replace the windscreen in Mr C's car. (it cracked, for no discernable reason - it was parked in the garage without a crack and when we went to get in the car the next morning, crack)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Thin is good! Those cookies with thick, 1/2 inch thick, icing is just gross.

Totally agree.

Yes, you CAN have too much icing. Bleh. I prefer the icing/frosting on my cakes and cookies not overwhelm the flavour of the cookies. I made sugar cookie bars for Christmas this year and the recipe I used called for enough icing it would have been more than half an inch thick! I did not make that much icing. It's nice icing and not too sweet, but still... too much of a good thing makes it dreadful.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Chanukah!

What a busy day. Managed to get the redirect errors down to 4, and those 4 are because the directory that is being sent to is currently empty (not my problem thankfully). Tomorrow is the big launch day, so I probably won’t be around much, unless things go swimmingly well.

But for the first time in a week, I might be up to looking at my WIP.

Hey Lil — Royal icing is that the one made with egg whites and powdered sugar?

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Happy Chanukkah MRF, and BF and anyone I might have missed!

Bry - yep, that's royal icing.

Both air conditioners are running now... it's rather baking outside.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Bryan, I also use meringue powder.

Hey guys. I’m back from the christmas band concert. It was much better than I thought it would be.

Yeah, Happy Hanukkah, guys!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
It was short and sweet, the music was surprisingly good, and I was home before a headache started. Can't get any better than that.

BryanT

Do I have to?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was all ready to start writing, and .... decided I need the night off. :) so I’m gonna lounge tonight. Have a great night ya’ll!

I’m off for the evening.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
It’s midnight. I’m exhausted. So of course my brain in working overtime. Ugh.

Okay, okay. Hit me with the lullabies.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Hush little baby, don't say a word,
Daddy's going to buy you a mocking bird...

Or if that doesn't work...

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus
Underneath the mistletoe last night...