Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume VI)

be frank

not a bloke, not named frank
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Again??? It was only on, what, three weeks ago?

Seems it's gotten onto Channel 9's "Edge of Tomorrow" Track of Endless Repeats[SUP]TM[/SUP].

Not good you're still unwell. But 'bad cold' is at least an improvement from your previous 'man flu'.

And laundry's not to be sneezed at. Though, given your cold, it might be sneezed on.

I actually want to use it on my bed with just the sheet in the summer. I need a little something over me when the air-con is on.

Fair enuffles. :)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah. Or arrested for having really stinky clothes. Which I suppose is something that could happen.

Hey, 2012 is on! That's one of my favourite movies to snark at!

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Seems it's gotten onto Channel 9's "Edge of Tomorrow" Track of Endless Repeats[SUP]TM[/SUP].

Not good you're still unwell. But 'bad cold' is at least an improvement from your previous 'man flu'.

And laundry's not to be sneezed at. Though, given your cold, it might be sneezed on.
I think I'll be calling in sick tomorrow, or it'll be patients getting sneezed on.

- - - Updated - - -

Can they arrest you for stinking?
They could order your mitigation as an environmental hazard.

Jaymz Connelly

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Registered
Reaction score
They could order your mitigation as an environmental hazard.

But wouldn't that just involve turning a fire hose on you and flinging some soap at you? No need to arrest you at all. You'd be all clean and sweet smelling afterward. :D

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
Re: 2012, I think I've identified why I love to hate this movie so much. It's the shitty way it treats the step-dad character. He's at least as heroic as John Cusack's shit dad, and clearly cares for the kids and they care for him, yet because he is not the biological parent his penalty is to be crushed to death in giant gears. And his step-kids show all signs of immediately forgetting about him, because he's never mentioned again, once shit dad has a chance to get back together with mum in the post-apocalyptic new world. (Spoilers if somehow you haven't seen this movie yet but want to.)

Last edited:

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Hey, 2012 is on! That's one of my favourite movies to snark at!

7Mate's gone thematic scheduling tonight. 2012 is followed by 10,000BC.

Reminds me of one night years ago when Channel 10 -- presumably intentionally -- scheduled Smallville, then Medium, then Big Love, then Supersize Me. I have no idea if I was the only person in the country who noticed the pattern, but I laughed.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'll be calling in sick tomorrow, or it'll be patients getting sneezed on.

Sick day sounds like a fine idea. Even if you're not that sick. Chuck a sickie! It's an Aussie tradition. :)

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score

Reminds me of one night years ago when Channel 10 -- presumably intentionally -- scheduled Smallville, then Medium, then Big Love, then Supersize Me. I have no idea if I was the only person in the country who noticed the pattern, but I laughed.

That IS hilarious!

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score

- - - Updated - - -

Sick day sounds like a fine idea. Even if you're not that sick. Chuck a sickie! It's an Aussie tradition. :)
Ooh yeah a sickie is definitely on the cards.

10,000 BC. I think I've seen that. I can't remember anything about it though. Do I have a terrible memory, or are all these movies just absolutely unmemorable?

be frank

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lanifrank.com
Seems fair. At 8%, it's either going to be unmemorable or really memorable.

I haven't ended up writing or reading. Still noodling around AW seeing what I missed today. I couldn't browse on my phone because the battery was running down too quickly. Ironically, we were given a gift pack thingy which included a portable phone-charging battery thingamabob. Alas, it did not come pre-loaded with charge. Would've been handy this afternoon.

Lillian_Blaire

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my god...are you guys here? I've been trying to log on all morning!!

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I was going to die!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry folks; AW was offline between about 8:31 and 9:55 Eastern this morning.

Yes, I was sleeping in. The Server Always Knows.

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
That's okay. I somehow managed to survive...pacing back and forth, biting my nails....it was rough, I won't lie. But we're back and I'm happy again! THANK YOU!

Lillian_Blaire

Registered
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! *fist-bumps Jay*

I just got back from picking my mom up at the airport. We had planned to go to the art museum, not realizing today was free admission day and about 3 thousand people showed up. The lines wrapped so far around the buildings, weaving in and out, that no one seemed to know where the line ended. We just turned around and left. I'm disappointed. But we did stop for yummy Mexican food.

Jaymz Connelly

Registered
Reaction score
Aw man! I'm sorry you weren't able to go the the museum with your Mom, Lil. At least you got a yummy dinner together!