Quote Originally Posted by chompers View Post
One of my mother's friends has Lou Gherig's. They are predicting she will die this year. She's already immobile. But to be honest, I thought she'd be catatonic, from the way my mom was describing it. But when I went to visit her, she looked like she was just down with the flu or something, just looked tired more than anything, although she couldn't speak. But she still had slight movement in her head and was able to type (that was her form of communication, since she could no longer speak).

Just go spend time with your friend. I think he'll appreciate that you aren't scared off. And use this time to talk while y'all still can. Let the conversation go however it takes you. And he's going to need a lot of physical help too. Be there for him, even if he gets a caregiver. I think having a friend there to help out will help.
The first symptom he showed was something in his neck--they told me that it looked out of place, and everyone thought it was an injury of some kind. This guy's stayed active, still working out all the time, and his work was physical, but it's only been two weeks since his diagnosis and they're already saying it's over. I'm out of town, so I'm getting all this second or third hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Siri Kirpal View Post
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Yes, unfortunately, the technology is bespoke, tailored to each individual. But in case...I think the name of the company is Words Plus.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Thanks, Siri. I doubt his insurance would pay for something like that, but good to know.