• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Betas needed for 105k Adult Contemporary Urban Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcs

Registered
Reaction score
EDIT: majorly updated.

Hello! I'm looking for a few betas for my 105k contemporary urban fantasy, where witches and werewolves might lift civilization to the stars if humanity doesn't violently decide otherwise.

My working title is SYLVAN DEMONS. Here's a query:

---

The supernatural world revealed itself 14 years ago, in 2001. Thanks to those involved, there wasn’t a war. Nowadays, anyone can enroll in arcanaeum to become a witch and emergency first aid is a shot of temporary lycanthropy.

When fellow witches force Zakariya Bhat out of his enchanted produce business, he moves to his deceased grandmother’s house in Sylvan Valley, to rebuild his life and farm in the Rockies of Colorado. But the Valley is home to a branch office of the multinational magic and medicine corporation, Effect Pharma, where witch Society reigns and Zac is an avowed outsider.

Jenny Cole, alpha werewolf and investigator for Effect Pharma, protects the people of the Valley how she once failed to protect her own: with permanent, bloody solutions. So when three people are murdered on her watch and a terraforming research base destroyed, with zero clues to follow, because some unknown plant witch cleaned the scene, she is ready for Zac to reveal himself as the killer.

While witch Society works to expand humanity past Earth, the Coalition of Benevolent Fire works to destroy all those touched by magic. Unless Jenny can sniff out the culprits and do what she does best, the Coalition might get their wish in Sylvan Valley by using Zac, whether he wants to, or not.

SYLVAN DEMONS is AN UNKINDNESS OF MAGICIANS and some KATE DANIELS, but with mostly queer characters. Zac and Jenny are both gay POC. SYLVAN DEMONS has series potential.

---

SYLVAN DEMONS contains: Multi POV, LGBT, Brandon Sanderson-type magic system, gore, found families, enemies to lovers, platonic life partners, mystery, intrigue, science fantasy, women in STEM.

SYLVAN DEMONS does NOT contain: rape, much explicit sex, racism, sexism.

Please PM me if you're interested in betaing. I'm looking for anything you're willing to give. Big Picture, LBL, harsh crits, 'I stopped reading because of X', it's all good. I can take it.

I might be willing to do a trade if you have something similar.

Thank you!

Last edited:

LLRye

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to check out your first chapter - do you think you can send me the password? I can't enter the site without it. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.