AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Betas needed for 93k Adult Urban Fantasy

Betas needed for 93k Adult Urban Fantasy

Hello! I'm looking for a few betas for my finished 93k UF set in an alternate Earth where werewolves and witches exposed themselves to the rest of humanity in the year 2001.

I have a thread in SYW if you'd like to read the first chapter.

My working title is Werewolves in Colorado. Here's a query:

---

As a teenager, Jenny exposed the supernatural during a live morning show by sprouting fur and fangs in the middle of Times Square, asking for all beings to walk together into the future. Anti-supernatural terrorists killed her family, trying to get to her. But thanks to Jenny’s efforts, magic and civilization achieved a quick, yet uneasy partnership.

Nowadays, Jenny hides in her adopted mountain town, using her deadly claws to silently ensure the safety of her people while protecting and being protected by the multinational magic and medicine corporation, Effect Pharma. Investigator, assassin, and now alpha,Jenny hunts for her family’s killers whenever she’s not solving problems best kept out of the public record.

When unknown attackers execute three werewolves and destroy a research base, Jenny sniffs the scene for clues. She follows the trail to the terrorists from her childhood, but this time they’re gunning for Effect Pharma, and the eradication of experimental terraforming magic. As growing destruction threatens to release a flood of biblical proportions, Jenny rushes to find the terrorists before they can destroy her whole world, again.

---

It's closer to Kate Daniels or Mercedes Thompson than The Hollows, but with multiple POVs and no dom/sub dichotomy. Mostly queer characters, one of the characters owns a cannabis dispensary, parts of it are rather violent, a few gay sex scenes but nothing too explicit.

Big Picture, LBL, harsh crits, 'I stopped reading because of X', anything you're willing to give would be great. I can take it.

Please PM me if you're interested. I might be willing to do a trade if you have something UF, SF, or F.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Arcs; 07-15-2017 at 09:22 AM. Reason: copy&paste problem

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I'd like to check out your first chapter - do you think you can send me the password? I can't enter the site without it. =/