Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Hello

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Hello

I've been writing for quite a while. I started with screenplays, but decided that I'd rather write something that is a complete work in itself. It took me a long time to really get going on writing novels, but I finally finished my first, and I'm moving on to my next project.

So far, all of my potential projects are SFF, with most being YA (I have one MG project that's trying to get my attention, and Adult project that's sort of a companion piece to one of the YA projects). That's one of my big weaknesses: having all of these projects that I want to work on. I have to fight the tendency to waste time trying to decide which one to work on, rather than working on any of them.

I recently realized that I don't need to go this alone, so I've decided to look into online writing communities to see where I might fit in. This one seems to have a lot of potential.

I hope I can make some valuable contributions.

good words,
    Tabitha

reading all the things Anna Iguana's Avatar
    Hi, Tabitha. Welcome.
    WebsiteTwitter#51writers for folks writing strong female characters

Thanks!

Nasty Woman AW Moderator regdog's Avatar

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
    at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
    Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
    Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
    50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
    Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
    Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.
    My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing

Go down road, go pub. Mary Mitchell's Avatar
    Welcome
    It's a simple fact of life that not everyone will be your target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha Rose View Post
    That's one of my big weaknesses: having all of these projects that I want to work on. I have to fight the tendency to waste time trying to decide which one to work on, rather than working on any of them.
    I have this exact same problem. I haven't solved it but I've told myself I only get to work on one idea at a time until I finish it. Even if it's terrible, it'll at least be one thing that I've completed. So far, it's be 6 years and I'm still working on the same thing...

Welcome, Tabitha Good luck with all the projects. The good old "paralysis by analysis" has gotten a lot of us over the years. Write on!

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    I have this exact same problem. I haven't solved it but I've told myself I only get to work on one idea at a time until I finish it. Even if it's terrible, it'll at least be one thing that I've completed. So far, it's be 6 years and I'm still working on the same thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Steve View Post
    Welcome, Tabitha Good luck with all the projects. The good old "paralysis by analysis" has gotten a lot of us over the years. Write on!
    Thanks! It helps to know i'm not the only one.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin mike33phillip's Avatar
    Welcome to the group Tabitha!