Pride: Nikos Giannopoulos Goes To The White House

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And there's a photo :)
[FONT=&quot]Rhode Island’s 2017 teacher of the year went viral this week after he shared a photo from his meeting with President Trump and first lady Melania Trump during a meeting in the Oval Office.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The photo shows Rhode Island teacher Nikos Giannopoulos holding a black lace fan and wearing a rainbow LGBTQ pin, while standing beside the president and the first lady.[/FONT]

Oh please let this be true, oh please, oh please.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Judging solely by the pained look on the president's face, it's real. Say this for Melania, she has a much more natural looking fake smile.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looks to be true.

NPR: Q&A With The 'Sassy' Teacher Of The Year About That Fan And Going Viral
What was President Trump's reaction to the fan? Did he say anything?

Oh, he loved it! I popped it open when I walked into the office because I'm a very sassy person. And [President] Trump complimented it right away. He said, "I love the fan!" And he told me I had great style. Then, when I was ushered in for my private photo with the president and Melania [Trump] I was told I should put it away. So I just folded it up and held it at my side. But when it came time for the photo, I just asked the president, "Do you mind if I use the fan for the photo?" He said, "Absolutely go for it." So I popped my fan and did my pose.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love that picture