• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a critique partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanDeurs

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for an writing buddy to share parts of my writer's journey with! To help each other out with some constructive feedback on our manuscript, characters, plot, etc. Besides it's a lot more fun to have someone you can share, help and go-to while you sit and write on your own manuscript, right?

I'm almost done with my second draft of my Urban Fantasy novel - so exciting and terrifying at the same time! You don't have to be writing in the same genre tho :) But lets exchange some chapters and see if we are on the same page :)

Who am I? I'm a student (MSc in International Development Studies and Communication) and just applied for a Editing certificate from the University of Chicago - Yai!
oh and I live in Copenhagen, play the Cello and belong to the Slytherin House - just saying ;)

Let me know if your interested :)

Kind regards,
Niels van Deurs

Last edited:

kneedeepinthedoomed

Registered
Reaction score
Website
spawnhost.wordpress.com
I'm willing. I'm from Kiel, not terribly far from you. I also speak some Danish. I write videogame stuff, my script basically looks like a film script. So if you want novel writers, that's not me. PM if interested.

Arjani

Registered
Reaction score
Genre? Current WIP? Sample Chapter? You're not giving people a lot to work with here.

vanDeurs

Registered
Reaction score
#kneedeepinthedoome:
That sounds so cool! and the danish part would have been awesome! But yeah I should have been more specific - I'm writing a urban fantasy novel and don't have that much experience with manuscript for video-games, so I don't think I would be the right match for you. But good luck with your writing and thank you so much for your interest :)

Best regards,
Niels

IngviSnædal

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just getting started on my writing journey, but I might be able to check out your manuscript if you pinky swear to return the favor when I finally get my act together and finish the first draft of my Sci-Fi novel. ;)
I live in Odense, Denmark; work in Copenhagen; and I taught English Written Communication at Syddansk Universitet before moving on to my current position as a videogame producer. I agree, this journey would be much more fun if I had someone to bounce ideas off of, and I'd be thrilled to hear from you. :)

Tod Moran

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm looking for an writing buddy to share parts of my writer's journey with! To help each other out with some constructive feedback on our manuscript, characters, plot, etc. Besides it's a lot more fun to have someone you can share, help and go-to while you sit and write on your own manuscript, right?

I'm almost done with my second draft of my Urban Fantasy novel - so exciting and terrifying at the same time! You don't have to be writing in the same genre tho :) But lets exchange some chapters and see if we are on the same page :)

Who am I? I'm a student (MSc in International Development Studies and Communication) and just applied for a Editing certificate from the University of Chicago - Yai!
oh and I live in Copenhagen, play the Cello and belong to the Slytherin House - just saying ;)

Let me know if your interested :)

Kind regards,
Niels van Deurs

I'm working on a hard core SciFi novel set on a distant planet (mostly) and 1K yrs in the future. I live in US, retired old man with more time. BTW, a graduate of UofC.

If you to trade 1st chapters and go from there let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.