Are they finally waking up?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks BB - I was Considering sharing this story yesterday too. What I found most interesting was that the resistance to change was coming from older white men in established positions.

But the swell of support for change and revisiting the race issue came from the younger generations of pastors, and the growing minority demographic which is very reflective of the nation as a whole.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Good news! I grew up in all-white churches which taught brotherly love in one breath and advised us that other races have their own place and for us not to marry outside our own kind. I remember a little black boy showing up one Sunday morning and the preach brought him up front and explained to everyone how he was welcome. Yeah. So when I went to a liberal arts Baptist college I was shocked--pleasantly--at the racial diversity, not only in the student body, but in the church. And there was most def interracial dating. And I'm not talking about little bitty organizations. It was GIANT in Tennessee in the mid 70s.

Last edited: