• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

JK Publishing

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Erotica publisher, author charged for manipulating book sales

According to the arrest affidavit, (Jana) Koretko owns JK Publishing, primarily exclusive to romance and Erotica authors, and is accused of stealing more than $125,000 from multiple clients over a two-year period.

Link here.

cmhbob

Did...did I do that?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bobmuellerwriter.com
I don't think there's a thread for this romance/erotica publisher, and I doubt there will be now. But just in case...

Erotica publisher, author charged for manipulating book sales

GREELEY, Colo. (Weld County D.A.) – A Johnstown woman who publishes and writes romance novels is facing nearly two dozen charges after altering her clients’ book sales and pocketing the stolen royalties.

Jana Koretko was arrested and charged Monday with five counts of money laundering, four counts of felony theft, nine counts of computer crime and three counts of tax evasion.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I mean, the company is practically called Just Kidding Publishing....

akaria

Registered
Reaction score
I saw the mugshot, read the headline and was happy that the thief from EC finally got busted. Then had a sad because it wasn't her, but another publishing scammer.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I have nothing to contribute to this topic, but I'd like to express my admiration for Sage's avatar. At last I know exactly the right word to describe my terpsichorean cavortings.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
It would look good on a t-shirt wouldn't it? And, if anyone missed the definition and asked what it meant, you say "Watch this!" and go for it. It's nice to know there's a word for it.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It happened with my first publisher. The owner decided that it was her personal bank account and stopped paying us, bragging on her personal Facebook page about the remodel she was doing on her son's bedroom or the great concerts she was going to that month.

Dawn Reynolds

Registered
Reaction score
I'm just a reader, but it seems as if several of the books (which I admittedly loved!) written by Harley McRide and published by JK Publishing are now being published by another publishing company but with the same covers and same JK Publishing logo on the covers? So has the company simply changed its name?

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score