Writer's blogs?

Paper_Flower

Registered
Reaction score
I was on Facebook the other day and friend told a story in a status about her day. It was funny, well-presented, and sorely made me miss the days when I'd devour blogs on the internet.
These days its mostly vlogs on YouTube, but this status made me miss reading blogs again.
So I took to Google.
The only problem is most blogs written by writers are just posts of writing tips. Which are all well and fine, but mostly its things that we've all heard before. I want to read a blog by a writer, who writes about their life. About their writing journey, about their struggles, and fears, and just their day.
Does anyone have any recommendations for blogs like this?

Paper_Flower

s_nov

Registered
Reaction score
I write a blog that mightttt fit into what you're looking for! I do talk about writing a bit, and my writing process. I also talk about my life and random things that are poking at the back of my brain. It might not be exactly what you're looking for but it's worth a shot!

thestarvingnovelist.wordpress.com

As for one that is not a self-promotion, Julie Dao's blog is also good, but she just announced a few days ago that she'll be blogging a lot less. If you're interested in reading back, though, it talks about her struggles with writing and publishing, as well as her general life. She signed a huge book deal along the way, so it's cool to see how that started and what her journey was like!

www.juliedao.com/blog

screenscope

Registered
Reaction score
I write about my experiences (link to my site below) with hopefully some humour. I try not to take writing too seriously and cover general issues with my own particular, and often contrarian, slant.

Venavis

Semi-benevolent overlord
Registered
Reaction score
Website
venavis.blog
I tend to post my rough drafts and occasionally other observations.

EmotionalHygine

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emotionalhygine.com
I have a new (very new) blog that receives user submitted stories of personal growth or challenge. As well as some emotional awareness advise.

If you'd like to have a look and submit something yourself, if you are that way inclined, please do. I'd really appreciate it!

Link can be found in my sig. Also s_nov I think im going to be trolling through yours all week ;)

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
I'd recommend mine, but it is currently out of commission. Mostly because I'm too broke to pay the silly bill.
Why are you using a paid internet service provider? A monthly bill of $9? Just for a basic site?!

WordPress and Blogger both are free and allow you to customize them in many ways to present just the look and feel you want. It costs just $18 a year if you want to map your site to something like MyName.com or GalaxyGuardianLeader.edu or Agent007.org or whatever.

ap123

Twitching
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog going for close to five years now, bits of this and that, heavy on politics over the past year--but also more sporadic over the past year. Link in my sig.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a blog going for close to five years now, bits of this and that, heavy on politics over the past year--but also more sporadic over the past year. Link in my sig.

I lurve your blog, Mrs. Fringe!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I want to read a blog by a writer, who writes about their life. About their writing journey, about their struggles, and fears, and just their day.
Does anyone have any recommendations for blogs like this?

You might want to try browsing DreamWidth; it's a successor (only better) to LiveJournal.