Status
Not open for further replies.

ErinGlover

ErinGlover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erintollglover.com
I know I have a lot left to do such as queries but I am so happy I trimmed by manuscript to 80,007 words! Woo hoo! I'm reading the whole thing out loud and then giving it to a beta reader but the 80,000 word trim was a big deal for me.

Happy writing all.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
High five, Erin! This is a big step, yes?

Maryn, proud of you

ErinGlover

ErinGlover
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erintollglover.com
Once I started chopping all the -ly words out, it got easier. That often meant choosing stronger verbs. I had to cut 4,000 words. It took several days. But it was satisfying to realize I didn't need them.

Altiv

Chasing the dragon...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Erin! Finishing a novel it's the first step toward publishing it (or giving birth to any kind of masterpiece, if your goal is not publishing it)

CJSimone

Registered
Reaction score
I know I have a lot left to do such as queries but I am so happy I trimmed by manuscript to 80,007 words! Woo hoo! I'm reading the whole thing out loud and then giving it to a beta reader but the 80,000 word trim was a big deal for me.

Happy writing all.

Congrats, ErinGlover! It takes a lot of hard work and determination, so no small thing. And welcome to AW!

CJ

ReignaFTW

Registered
Reaction score
Knowing that you can finish a full project is an important lesson and a big deal! Congratulations!

TStarnes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
tstarnes.com
Congrats. The feeling of finishing a book (or at least finishing another step on the journey) and getting it to beta readers is so amazing. Way to go.

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Well alright then! Well done. Reading it out loud, though terribly tedious, works wonders for catching odd things and repeats. I did that a few weeks ago and ended up cutting more than 2,000 words. Best wishes to you.

LuckyStar

Registered
Reaction score
Once I started chopping all the -ly words out, it got easier. That often meant choosing stronger verbs. I had to cut 4,000 words. It took several days. But it was satisfying to realize I didn't need them.

Congratulations!

I'm curious. Why did you have to cut 4K words?

samis

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats Eric! Wish you good luck for the publishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.