Amazon & Fake Books: 15 Months and Counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
https://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2017/06/03/amazon-has-a-fake-book-problem/

I have yet to look into this and see what the wider picture is, and whether or not this poster's information is good.

But to the point: fake books are making it through the Amazon machine. This is nothing new, but it seems like this blogger is highlighting new information? Can anyone shed some light or offer a more informed opinion, please?

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On a related matter: Got into an argument once with a lawyer (on a writer's forum) about stolen material being self-published by thieves. The lawyer argued Amazon had it's hands tied, if the authors of the works complained, Amazon will take the stolen work down. I argued Amazon refused to take corporate social responsibility by making it easy for authors to search through Kindle for their plagiarized work.

Beyond that, I'm out of my league and I know nothing about fake books.

Last edited:

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I don't think there's much new information here other than "it's still happening." This guy was one of the louder voices exposing this scam to begin with. Often the books were just hundreds of pages of a repeated paragraph, sometimes with blank pages in the middle. The click farms are old news.

I would never trust Amazon to care one iota about the creators of their merch. They never have, never will. Which isn't to say a writer can't make money there. Just that, when they do, it's on the backs of their own efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.