Joyful June - 500 words a day writing/editing - all genres welcome

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Adelle.:welcome:

Everyone seems to be on track with their work - go us. :greenie.

I've spent the last couple of hours writing one paragraph - a description of a room that I'll probably cut in later edits.:Headbang: (Yup, my middle name is procrastination. )

Bright side: it's the weekend, so I have plenty of time to write.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
muse, half the stuff I write gets cut on edits, but I never know which half it's going to be until it's all out. :)

1,391 today - a light day, but it still keeps me on track.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,703. About halfway through the Sea of Bad Stuff. Left my MC in a bad spot. She'll probably refuse to speak to me for the rest of the week.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
erinkendall.wordpress.com
Liz - Ugh, I know that feeling very well!

muse - I've done that many times, unfortunately.

696 words on the secret project. I had to chuckle when I calculated the wordcount. 696 is one of our major freeways where I live. ;)

Okay, so since I have a cover artist working on the cover for my secret project, I will now reveal what it is. Most of you guys know that I have fibromyalgia and the "eye pain" which is actually trigeminal neuralgia, an excruciating inflammation of the nerve that supplies sensation to the face (trigeminal nerve — it has three branches). So, I've lived with chronic illness most of my life, and I've always been told, "wow. I'm healthy, and I don't get as much done as you!" or "How do you it all?" Well, that's where the secret project comes in. It is one part productivity guide and one part guide for handling chronic illness. It's tentatively called Gain with Pain: Living Your Best Life with Chronic Illness, but I am still throwing around ideas. Anyway, I thought it might be fun and helpful to do this. I'm nearly halfway done, and plan to publish it as soon as I can (like within the next few months).

I'm working with a cover artist, which has been so surreal (I do my own covers), but I had no clue how to put together a nonfiction cover or what sells or what. I'm half terrified and half excited.

Sooooo....that's what it's about. :D

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Saoirse, that sounds amazing, and so exciting! And it's such an important topic. Keep us posted on the pub timeline, will you?

I realized this morning I miss my other characters. Some of that is because I'm in the Depths of Despair portion of the current WIP, but I've been away from my series characters for a while now, and I miss writing them. I need to figure out how to give them some time, for my own sanity if nothing else.

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Liz - Absolutely! And I feel you on the characters. Ever Touched is the last book in my series, at least for the foreseeable future. And I already miss my Hunters. :( Hope you can most definitely give your characters some time.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so since I have a cover artist working on the cover for my secret project, I will now reveal what it is. Most of you guys know that I have fibromyalgia and the "eye pain" which is actually trigeminal neuralgia, an excruciating inflammation of the nerve that supplies sensation to the face (trigeminal nerve — it has three branches). So, I've lived with chronic illness most of my life, and I've always been told, "wow. I'm healthy, and I don't get as much done as you!" or "How do you it all?" Well, that's where the secret project comes in. It is one part productivity guide and one part guide for handling chronic illness. It's tentatively called Gain with Pain: Living Your Best Life with Chronic Illness, but I am still throwing around ideas. Anyway, I thought it might be fun and helpful to do this. I'm nearly halfway done, and plan to publish it as soon as I can (like within the next few months).

I'm working with a cover artist, which has been so surreal (I do my own covers), but I had no clue how to put together a nonfiction cover or what sells or what. I'm half terrified and half excited.

Sooooo....that's what it's about. :D

As someone who's lived with a chronic illness most of my life (Ankylosing Spondylitis), I can totally relate. Good luck with the guide and the cover.

I realized this morning I miss my other characters. Some of that is because I'm in the Depths of Despair portion of the current WIP, but I've been away from my series characters for a while now, and I miss writing them. I need to figure out how to give them some time, for my own sanity if nothing else.

It's hard leaving characters or being away from them for a while. I still miss the characters from my first and second novels, that's why my latest WIP may just turn out to be a series. :greenie

Got quite a bit done over the weekend. 3 scenes edited. Have changed the motivation of one character in a pivotal scene, so there will be a lot more rewriting to be done.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
1,467 today - a light day, but still on target.

ETA: Did some light editing on WIP #2. Reads better than I remembered. It's nice to see my people again. :)

Last edited:

Shara

Fix it in the Rewrite
Registered
Reaction score
Good session yesterday - 1,564. Not quite so good this morning - 614.

But, I think I can just about see the end of Draft 1 on the horizon. Maybe another 15,000 words to go. I do have three characters to kill in that time, though. Mwa ha ha...

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I love killing characters. Enjoy the mass murder, Shara. :greenie

Today has been one step forward, 4 back.:Headbang:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Well done on the death, Shara! :hooray: And I'm sorry about the frustrations, muse. Some days are just fraught.

2,332 on WIP #1 today, and I'm going to see if I can shoehorn in a few words on WIP #2.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Work's been intense so no new words yesterday or today. Too exhausted. I did print up a scene and take it to my critique group. Love those folks! I am blessed to have such fab local support.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I am writing, just little bits and pieces. Found a way to make my characters' lives even worse, if you can believe it. *sighs contentedly*

Today has been one step forward, 4 back.:Headbang:

:Hug2:

Saoirse

Mi verkas
Registered
Reaction score
Website
:cheers all progress, even two steps forward-two steps back: :it all counts:

Wrote about 300 words on Fireborn last night and then lost it all b/c of a computer glitch. I was not happy. I actually liked those words. :(

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Ack! Sorry, Saoirse. I'm sure they'll be even better regenerated.

Added about 700 words to WIP #2 last night, and 2,622 on WIP #1 today. Almost through the Valley of Horribleness.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Work's been intense so no new words yesterday or today. Too exhausted. I did print up a scene and take it to my critique group. Love those folks! I am blessed to have such fab local support.

So envious of your local crit group, wonder. It must be nice talking to people face-to-face about your work.

I am writing, just little bits and pieces. Found a way to make my characters' lives even worse, if you can believe it. *sighs contentedly*

Methinks you take a little too much enjoyment out of torturing your characters, HJ. :Wha:

Wrote about 300 words on Fireborn last night and then lost it all b/c of a computer glitch. I was not happy. I actually liked those words. :(

So sorry about the word loss, Saoirse. Hate when that happens. Were you able to rewrite it?

Totally off subject, but every time I see the title of your book I think you're talking about my publisher. :greenie

Added about 700 words to WIP #2 last night, and 2,622 on WIP #1 today. Almost through the Valley of Horribleness.
YAY! You're storming along, liz.:Clap:

I'm more of a plodder at the moment. Working on 1 scene today that will require a bit of trimming.

Last edited:

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
OKAY. 1,719 today. Valley of Horribleness done, and I can start getting on with the plot. Whee!

Also did 400-some-odd last night on WIP #2. Going to see if I can get it to 15K by the end of the month.

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Editing is still going slowly, but I shall not let it defeat me. :greenie

muse

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Had a day full of unrelieved anxiety, so as a result I coughed up 3,086 words on WIP #1 and 858 words on WIP #2.

Unrelieved anxiety really works for you, liz. :greenie (But sending a :Hug2:that it's relived soon.)

Received some great feedback from my Beta on WIP #1 so have been working on that today. No words to report, but it's good to get back to old, familiar characters.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Yay for beta feedback! :hooray: :hooray:

I didn't do as spectacularly today, but I'm on track with 1,341 words on WIP #1 and 178 on WIP #2.

Would have been more, but I had a house full of 13-year-old girls. They were surprisingly well-behaved, but it wasn't exactly a writing crowd. :)

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Oh, hey, I broke 80K on WIP #1!

3,601 on WIP #1 today, and 563 on WIP #2. Now distracting myself with some Bake Off, because last night I wrote too late and spent all night lying awake, drifting in and out of storylines. :)