Wonder Woman

Articulate Lady

Seductive Artist of Words and Ideas
Registered
Reaction score
Well, since I am a newbie, and I read through this ENTIRE thread I am going to put my 45 cents in, yes that's right 45 cents! The movie, I loved. There were some teary-eyed moments, there were some silly "we don't really need this in the movie" moments, and that end battle was just as someone said, way TOO much, but I understand where they were going with it. But overall I LOVED the movie, especially Steve and Diana. They were an amazing pairing in the cast. Just what did happen in that cabin??? (For those of you who saw it, you know you wondered too).

As far as Cameron goes, he is just mad that he didn't get to direct "Titanic II - The Search for Rose's Giant Ass Print on the Door"

And since we are on costumes and merchandising, my wonderful soulmate knows how much I loved the movie so he bought me this doll, which clearly covers up all her "goods" and doesn't make her too naked. She has a cape in both the dolls I have (The Barbie from the 90s where they paid homage to the original Wonder Woman and the new movie one)

I think she didn't really show that much skin at all in the movie, and the scenes were done tastefully. I hope you guys like the pictures of my treasures!

n8l8cA3.jpg

oqXYuQB.jpg

UFDEesf.jpg

Last edited:

Laer Carroll

Aerospace engineer turned writer
Registered
Temp Ban
Reaction score
Website
LaerCarroll.com
PATTY JENKINS signed

Variety just announced that Patty Jenkins has been signed to direct WW 2 (for a Dec 13th 2019 release). She gets oodles of money upfront & box office gross (better than BO net, which with studio accounting can be zero).

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/patty-jenkins-wonder-woman-sequel-director-1202548413/

Just as great is that Warner Bros put 300 drones over the Los Angeles night sky to announce the release of the Blu-ray disc. You can get it this Tuesday the 19th. It'll be at Target, Best-Buy, and other retailers. According to the review the disc has lots of extras.

https://batman-news.com/2017/09/17/wonder-woman-blu-ray-review/

Here is the video WB put out showing the display and how they went about it. Awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUZv2T7zMBo

Last edited:

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
James Cameron seems to be determined to mansplain feminism and why he feels Wonder Woman fails. Now Lynda Carter is taking him to task http://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainm...an-criticism/ar-AAsAZoK?li=AAjnRI7&ocid=ientp.

I'm surprised Cameron doesn't know to when to step out of this particular argument. While he's created a couple of genuine female action heroes, it almost sounds as if he's resentful that a female director has done so as well.

Luciferical

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Good for Lynda Carter. But...

A little confused.
James Cameron seems to be determined to mansplain feminism and why he feels Wonder Woman fails.
Did I miss something? Has he continued to make remarks, or is this an additional response to the initial remarks cited upthread?

Twick

Registered
Reaction score
He made a statement a couple of days ago "standing by" his comments.

Keithy

Just keep swimming
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I do wish he'd shut up; he clearly does not understand the character. For one thing, this interpretation of her costume is quite restrained. Gal Gadot cannot help being attractive and does a reasonable job at looking like WW (would an overweight actress be better? I don't know the answer to that). In terms of being a feminist icon, that is a side issue; WW is a hero and her sex and appearance do not matter. She's a warrior. Who cares what she looks like? I have never seen her use her sex or sexuality to win battles, rather she uses her wits and strength.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
Oh I do wish he'd shut up; he clearly does not understand the character. For one thing, this interpretation of her costume is quite restrained. Gal Gadot cannot help being attractive and does a reasonable job at looking like WW (would an overweight actress be better? I don't know the answer to that). In terms of being a feminist icon, that is a side issue; WW is a hero and her sex and appearance do not matter. She's a warrior. Who cares what she looks like? I have never seen her use her sex or sexuality to win battles, rather she uses her wits and strength.

Relax, he's just mad because he didn't get to direct the movie.

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Good for Lynda Carter. But...

A little confused.

Did I miss something? Has he continued to make remarks, or is this an additional response to the initial remarks cited upthread?

It's new remarks.

Cameron got interviewed this week by the Hollywood Reporter which gave him another chance and he doubled down on his mansplaining of why the Wonder Woman movie is All Wrong, while throwing in, ahem, plugs for his new movie which he says gets it All Right.