Is there room at the Inn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow, I'm not sure how or why....but my suspense morphed into a romance. Is it normal to start in one genre and move somewhere completely different?
Today I finished mapping each chapter for a grand total of 16, however I'm sure as I get into it some chapters will merge or extra's will be added. My story is mapped out and now I just need to write out my character profiles.
What has me excited is I'm back to sketching since this will be a fake town and I get to design how I want things.
Hope to learn from everyone here in the romance section :)

MerriTudor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
crampedquartersblog.wordpress.com
Don't you love doing character profiles? I think they're the most fun you can have without chocolate.

And as you may have read in my response to your response to my post, my work morphed from ghost stories to romance. It can happen! It sounds as though you're excited at unexpected turn your work has taken. Had you written suspense before, and this was one that seemed to have its own idea of where it wanted to go?

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Merri-No I'm new to the writing, well, I've always wanted to write but life took me into nursing and over the years I've picked up my pen and notepad but this is the first time I've actually committed to it. I've had a few false starts. I've hit a wall a few times and as I learn more and discover cliches I've dumped many ideas along the way. I'm trying to read more and learn more by being here on AW and visiting writing blogs. This time I've written out a blurb on each chapter and now I'm doing the fun stuff, figuring out town name, characters etc. I have read a fair amount of romance, suspense, horror etc. I will go check out your response next :) ghost and romance is that paranormal, which is something I think I would love to try my hand at.

Jamills08

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I was writing romance but I was told my writing sits better in the women's literary fiction category. I feel like many categories can bleed together

MerriTudor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
crampedquartersblog.wordpress.com
Welcome to the club, Jan74! I've been writing a long time, but never committed to it until lately. I've only been here on AW a very short time, but like you, I'm here to learn. I think we're in the right place. People seem very generous with their expertise and in sharing their experiences here. Good to meet you!

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks girls!
Merri- Good to meet you too!

Tomorrow I will get back to it. Our family took a family vacation and then I went back to work so it's been on the back burner. I'm committed to this story though and will continue on. I need to push forward and not edit and hack it to bits before it's even written.

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Summerwriter!

Status
Not open for further replies.