Are you on Radish Fiction? Share your experiences

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
I just heard of radishfiction.com. I gather it positions itself as a competitor to Wattpad, but offers a freemium model to pay writers. Do you have any experience with it? What do you think? Tips, cautions, opinions welcome.

Last edited:

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Filigree, I appreciated reading that discussion.

I've looked at Wattpad, too. I am curious about the relative rates at which different platforms/models draw readers and profits.

(For comparative context: elsewhere on AW, there are threads about Patreon, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Amazon/CreateSpace, and more. I didn't find a thread on Medium.com, which has introduced a two-stream revenue model, but it seems worth mentioning because one stream looks like Radish's model: allowing users to place content behind a paywall. Of course, Medium's other revenue comes from selling promoted content placement, which seems like it undercuts incentive for non-paying authors to post there, but maybe I misunderstand.)

So many changes in publishing, in so few years. Will be watching this thread with curiosity.

hikarinotsubasa

Human, last I checked
Registered
Reaction score
If there's a bright center to the universe...
Bumping this.... I posted one of my stories there, but literally its only views (after three days of publishing a chapter a day) are from me, checking the hit counter. If readers click and decide it's not their thing, fair enough. But it doesn't seem as though the algorithm is even suggesting it to anyone? Not ONE hit that I can't attribute to myself. You'd think at the very least that someone would click and think it wasn't for them, if it was showing up in any list or recommendation at all.

If anyone else has published with them, how do you work the algorithm? Is there anything at all to do to be seen, or is it just like Wattpad where you're stuck "swapping" with other writers who have no interest in your story, and vice versa?

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
After scrolling through a dozen pages I saw a lot of hype and zero information about what Radish is or does and what writers get from it. Add to that, I am on four busy writer's forums and no one mentions it anywhere but here.

I feel pretty safe in assuming it is a complete waste of time and will probably be gone in a few years.